No announcement yet.

anyone have problems with fv24 tv out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have problems with fv24 tv out?

hey, i have heard 10,000,000 different reasoning to why the stupid thing wont output to a LCD. i have put the 65ohem resistor in the video line, i have done everything. my lcd works, it works great. my tv out works, it works great. but when the 2 are combined, nothing, no results. im running win98 (i had xp, but xp got rid of shuttle's video software). i have also updated my bios. i need help!!!!!!!
    Computer:

FV24
    custom plexi case
    p3 650

6.4 lcd

everything working...except stupid lcd isnt working with shuttle board

Isn't it supposed to be a 75 ohm resistor?
    -Nick

Comment

yea i think its a 75 ohm resistor youre supposed to use.
      http://www.geocities.com/smp3v/gt.txt
      95 VR-4

Comment

I can tell you with complete certainty however that an 82 ohm resistor will work.

Jeffrey.
        "Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but people who never win, and never quit are idiots."

Comment

I have a shuttle fv24 and used a pot to determine the minimum amount of resistance needed for the mobo to output through tv-out and it's around 63ohm. If you go higher you affect the signal but not by much. A 75ohm would do fine also.
          I think your LCD is messed up or find someone with good soldering skills to do a cable for u with a resistor. It seems that you are having problems doing just that.
          04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

Or he could just buy a quality composite video cable...
            -Nick

Comment

the lcd has a mic jac in for its video source, could this be the problem?
              Computer:

FV24
              custom plexi case
              p3 650

6.4 lcd

Comment

I have an FV-24 using the TV/out and I never had to use any resistors. just plug it right into the LCD. (5" from PartsExpress.com) I'm running Win98se.
                HomePage and Mp3Car Setup

Comment

Hmm let me try to explain whats going on with LCD's not working.
                  Shagamuggi> It doesn't matter what kind of connections your LCD accepts as long as you can figure out what two wires it uses for the composite video signals.. one is the signal and other is ground. Just put a resistor in between these two.

Not all LCD's will ahve this problem because since all LCD's are not equal, some will have at least the 65ohm internal resistance and some will have no resistance. Take ur partsexpress 5" for example, and with a multimeter measure the resistance between the video signal input and ground.
                  So should you go out and buy a LCD with at least 65ohm internal resistance?? NO!!! just add a simple $0.10 resistor to it dammit!!

I don't understand why people think this is such a hard task... if you can't do this maybe you shouldn't even be trying to put a PC in your car or you will end up burning up your car or even worse, getting injured.
                  04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

jesus, i know what im doing, except, it IS a complicated task. i have tried a variety of resistors, and nothing is working. im going to try my other lcd if i cant get it working. im still willing to sell it though (the one that i havent touched--only 150)
                    Computer:

FV24
                    custom plexi case
                    p3 650

6.4 lcd

Comment

Working...
                    X