Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound blaster 5.1 Problems

Hi there
    I am currently testing the sound on my carpc with the old Sound Blaster 5.1 card. This is what is happening with it on 5.1.
    Fronts are loud and clean.
    Backs are half as loud as the fronts and distorted.
    Center/Sub is working correctly.
    I have the latest driver installed and this is running on tinyxp and the sound card is new. I have tried different speakers and plugs but its the same every time.
    Thanks for any input!

Edit. Just letting you know that I have already tried different slots too.

Originally posted by blade828 View Post
    Hi there
    I am currently testing the sound on my carpc with the old Sound Blaster 5.1 card. This is what is happening with it on 5.1.
    Fronts are loud and clean.
    Backs are half as loud as the fronts and distorted.
    Center/Sub is working correctly.
    I have the latest driver installed and this is running on tinyxp and the sound card is new. I have tried different speakers and plugs but its the same every time.
    Thanks for any input!
    which type of amps do you have?
    "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
    Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Originally posted by FPeter View Post
      which type of amps do you have?
      The pc is not actually in my car yet, so no amps. Just testing inside just using normal computer speakers and headphones with the same results in every speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by blade828 View Post
        The pc is not actually in my car yet, so no amps. Just testing inside just using normal computer speakers and headphones with the same results in every speaker.
        i think you should forget it, you will get horrible noise in the car environment with this card. i have the same (SB0100), and i tried its analog output and that was unusable. now i use its digital outputs...

try an usb soundcard, that is much better, but not perfect solution too...
        "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
        Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

What card/usb would you suggest I use? It doesn't need to be super high quality, just aslong as I can listen to my MP3's without distortion ill be happy.

Comment

Have a look at the ASUS Xonar D2...
            It comes with an EM shield, which should help with unwanted noise...

Comment

I have a Creative X-Fi PCI card in my CarPC wired as 4.1 and it sounds great. Your sound card might not play to the rear speakers by default. I have to set up mine with CMSS-3D to Stereo Surround and fade it to the rear speakers.

Comment

Working...
              X