Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP3car Authorized Group Buy!!! Audiophile Sound Solution- The HIPPOhi-fi Bloat DAC!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3car Authorized Group Buy!!! Audiophile Sound Solution- The HIPPOhi-fi Bloat DAC!!

This is a confirmed and authorized group buy!

Mp3Car is for the first time sponsoring a Group Buy! The Mp3Car Store will NOT make any profit whatsoever on the Bloat Group Buy, but rather hopes to support innovation and the development of new technologies in the car computing market. Mp3Car will in fact be a group buy participant!

Please note that Mp3Car has not tested the Bloat product and will not provide customer support or warranty assistance, but rather will act as an intermediary for the group buy. Mp3Car will consider sponsoring a few group buys per year, upon the suggestion of group buy moderators, that do not conflict with the Mp3Car Store. No forum member may initiate a group buy without the direct involvement and consent of Mp3Car.

Member AMAPRO704 is the group buy leader, please contact me directly with any and all questions!!!

PM me or email me @ [email protected]! I will be glad to help!

First off, I am not in any way affiliated in any way with Hippohi-fi, I recently approached Brent with HIPPOhi-fi (great guy BTW, very helpful) suggesting a group buy and he put together an amazing offer for us MP3car patrons. I am doing this because this product is perfect for our application and I really believe it has really been overlooked as a high end, but affordable audio solution. MP3car.com was nice enough to host the group buy and even allow us to purchase right through their store using this link http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=AUD%2D001 This will be the only way to purchase if you wish to be part of the group buy! Payment will be through paypal only.

The product: HippoHi-fi Bloat 24-bit USB Digital to Analog Converter

Website link: http://hippohifi.com/products/bloat/bloat.html
    MP3car store link: http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=AUD%2D001

**Please read the full description and tech specs on the product page in the MP3car store**

This is a solution that a lot of carpc users want for high fidelity, simple sound output to amps. For head-unit-less setups and people that want to ditch complex, software dependant PCI, USB soundcards, or onboard sound this is for you.

THESE ARE THE SPECS/FEATURES FOR THE UPGRADED MP3CAR.COM GROUP BUY VERSION! Since this truly is an audiophile solution, the group buy unit comes with ALL upgrades available for unbeleivably clear and powerful sound from your computer!!! You cannot find a comparable product with components to match the quality of the Bloat- not for under $1k!!!!!

1 year warranty
    24-bit BurrBrown DAC
    Dual high gain opamps
    RCA outputs
    No external power- powered off USB only
    High output- over 4 volts RMS!
    No hibernation issues
    No software required- Plug and play
    Very small size,
    No on/ off switch or volume knob to worry about so unit can be hidden away anywhere
    Sound output is digital (via USB) to the Bloat so noise interference is a non issue
    Black all aluminum case
    Oh yeah, it's a sexy piece of equipment too

Also, Brent with Hippohi-fi actively offers support and is a Carpc user himself

Each order includes international shipping to any destination and a FREE high quality .5m USB cable

The Bloat works with all Operating Systems and EQ/ tuning done on the computer is still effective as well as crossover adjustments, etc. If you have any questions about using this DAC, tuning, ETC please email or PM me with no hesitation but please read the description in the store/ website links as your questions may be answered there first!

IMPORTANT DETAILS:

The group buy is open internationally until June 30th, and we need 25 units purchased to qualify or else full refunds are given. The units are going to be built once we hit 25 and shipped on a first to order basis so don't wait. Simply because of then volume we are doing we need to be willing to wait up to 6 or 8 weeks to recieve our units, but all will be shipped out direct!

Anyone with more to add about the product and related topics, feel free to post in this thread! The Bloat is also awesome for home theatre or entertainment PC's so spread the word to any one you know.

PS I will be ordering 2- 1 for my home system and one for my car!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!

Greets from Canada....

I'm interested in the USB Bloat group buy.
    Please let me know the shipment carrier that will be used to ship the item to Canada.
    I'll be interested in placing the order if the shipment can be done via USPS (United States Postal Service).

Most Canadians here might agree that UPS is notorious for their hidden charges other than just customs duty. I recently paid $60 extra other than shipping for a $75 ebay item :-(

I guess this should help others (especially from Canada) as well to know the shipment options supported and approximating the landed cost.

Comment

Hey there,

Well the shipping fees are included in the price, it won't change based on what country you are in. If you are saying that there are additional fees that you might have to pay when it arrives to you and that those fees vary by shipper, I can find out who HIPPOhi-fi uses for shipping to Canada, because I honestly don't know. Is this the case? Thanks!

Comment

no aux inputs/ line-in? dealbreaker for me.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          no aux inputs/ line-in? dealbreaker for me.
          You still end up with really good sound using onboard inputs and this as your output. I only use inputs for HD radio and that is still radio so the quality is sacrificed a bit anyway... Or an ipod in...

Comment

What are you "inputting"?

Comment

Originally posted by amapro704 View Post
              Hey there,

Well the shipping fees are included in the price, it won't change based on what country you are in. If you are saying that there are additional fees that you might have to pay when it arrives to you and that those fees vary by shipper, I can find out who HIPPOhi-fi uses for shipping to Canada, because I honestly don't know. Is this the case? Thanks!
              Yes, I do understand that shipping fee is included in the price.

But I wanted to know which courier/carrier is used for shipment to Canada.
              If UPS, it might be a deal-breaker for most international orders. Also the hidden charges varies between different levels of service by UPS. For more details, see the following link.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

Comment

Ok just makin sure... I sent an email to see what carrier they use and what level of service. I'll update you as soon as I know!

Comment

just a quick question to anyone currently using the bloat... Is it possible to still control volume from within windows mixer or do you need to do it elsewhere similar to using a spdif connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Ces///M3 View Post
                    just a quick question to anyone currently using the bloat... Is it possible to still control volume from within windows mixer or do you need to do it elsewhere similar to using a spdif connection?
                    It can still be controlled with windows kmixer and via your front end.

Comment

deleted - answered my question in original post - thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Ces///M3 View Post
                        deleted - answered my question in original post - thanks again
                        No worries man! I thought it was up there somewhere... Anyways get yours ordered ASAP because it is first come first serve. These are all built by hand and tested so the people that order later rather than sooner may be waiting a little longer. I'm sure Brent will be making sure these get out to us as fast as he can- the man has great customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by amapro704 View Post
                          You still end up with really good sound using onboard inputs and this as your output. I only use inputs for HD radio and that is still radio so the quality is sacrificed a bit anyway... Or an ipod in...
                          so you can use the inputs on the onboard sound card with this card?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                            so you can use the inputs on the onboard sound card with this card?
                            This just takes whatever audio your computer is producing and converts it from digital to analog. Technically its not a soundcard and it doesn't need any software- thats why its so cool. If your mobo has inputs on it and you input sound, it will be channelled to the usb and this will convert it to analog to be sent to your amps. This thing is basically detected by your computer as a USB speaker and send all audio to it, even from an onboard input!

Comment

see now that just sounds tasty.. i'll have to make a buy here soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X