This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MII-1200 + ATX Power Supply + M2-ATX

Ok, so I bought a pc from a guy here. It came with an m2-atx, and the 1200 mobo. I'm trying to test all this out. the m2 didn't come with the power adapter for the wall, so i decided to bypass it for now, and just test the mobo to get it all formatted and neat with all my programs on it. So I go up to my computer room, and grab an old atx power supply from a tower. Now, that PS doesn't have any switches on it, all it has is a little green light that tells me that it has power from the wall. I just took this PS and had it tested, and it is fully funtional. well, I then plug it into the wall, and then into the atx connector on my 1200 mobo, and nothing happens. ok... so I look for a place for a connector to put a switch on it, and I just cannot find one. I also noticed that the m2-atx has a connector for a mobo on/off switch. how in the world do I boot this mother board for testing I have read the manual from VIA and all it tells me how to do is plug the connector into the board (no use to me).

u need a power button from a case or somewhere else, its a switch with 2-pin connector, it should have a place on a motherboard called PowerSwitch or something similar. Connect the two together and u should be able to turn on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
      u need a power button from a case or somewhere else, its a switch with 2-pin connector, it should have a place on a motherboard called PowerSwitch or something similar. Connect the two together and u should be able to turn on the computer.
      I agree. I have that switch ready and willing to do my bidding, but i cannot for the life of me find the connection to use! lol I read the manual to see if it told me where it was, but it didn't, does this mobo not have a switch??

Comment

Nevermind guys... I'm a freakin idiot...

Right there, on page 28 of the manual from via...
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X