So i need a new battery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i need a new battery?

My old setup was that the remote was hookedup directly to the + of the battery and when i was done i took the fuse out.

Now i hooked up my JBL GTO amp and my carputer to the remote of the radio but only my AMP wil power on and off.. the carputer stays off.. i messured 14.4V on the remote and the + while the car is running but it wont go on.

I have a carputer with a EPIA 900 and M1-ATX all default setting on that... so whats up with that carputer.. it will run if i put it back on the + of the battery but not via the radio :S
    Volvo 760 Turbo Intecooler
    M900 + 512MB, 120GB HD, VroomPC casing, Wired GPS unit, Flipscreen 7"

Are you running everything off of the tiny little wires behind your radio? If so that is a big no-no and the amp doesnt have enough juice to turn on. Run a dedicated wire.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Break out the Toaster-toon!
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        Break out the Toaster-toon!
        I want to make sure there has been a sanity violation, and then it shall be released upon us again!!! mwahahahahaha.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          Are you running everything off of the tiny little wires behind your radio? If so that is a big no-no and the amp doesnt have enough juice to turn on. Run a dedicated wire.
          Nope i got a dedicated wire running from the battery directly to a split up point with too fuses (the ones i took out, before) now the strange thing is the AMP does turn on the PC doenst, even when i take the fuse out of the AMP..

EDIT: erhm if you mean the remote wire, yes that one is kinda small and i do split them up gettho-style

Comment

Hoepfully you haven't brunt anything

You need three wires running to your Powersupply - at least 12ga.
            12v constant AKA Battery- get it directly from the battery
            12v switched AKA Ignition- get it from your radio/or sterring column.
            GND or Ground - Attach this to metal frame of vehicle - use multimeter to test your ground.

Your PS has a amp turn on wire that will help you avoid any "turn-on thump" use this to connect to your amp "remote" terminal.
            '98 Acura TL 3.2 >Epia M10000 >512ram >200gb >XP pro>Lilli 619> Opus 120
            TESTING as of 6/22/08 - Intel D945GCLF, 2GB RAM, 80gb HDD, XP pro SP1, same Lilli & Opus 120

Comment

Originally posted by klp45 View Post
              Hoepfully you haven't brunt anything

You need three wires running to your Powersupply - at least 12ga.
              12v constant AKA Battery- get it directly from the battery
              12v switched AKA Ignition- get it from your radio/or sterring column.
              GND or Ground - Attach this to metal frame of vehicle - use multimeter to test your ground.

Your PS has a amp turn on wire that will help you avoid any "turn-on thump" use this to connect to your amp "remote" terminal.
              Okay sweet i did not know , ill post back when i did this and hopefulle are able to tell you guys all is well now.. :hopeso:

Comment

Working...
              X