D201GLY2A boot times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D201GLY2A boot times

I am setting up new CarPC. I decided to go with the D201GLY2A to replace my old AOpen.

The biggest problem I am seeing is how long this thing takes to start booting. It will sit in the BIOS for at least 20-30 seconds for no reason. I tried various options without much luck, has anyone seen this? Any ideas on how to speed things up a bit?

Thanks!
    Mark

See all my CarPC projects

Originally posted by marchello2000 View Post
    I am setting up new CarPC. I decided to go with the D201GLY2A to replace my old AOpen.

The biggest problem I am seeing is how long this thing takes to start booting. It will sit in the BIOS for at least 20-30 seconds for no reason. I tried various options without much luck, has anyone seen this? Any ideas on how to speed things up a bit?

Thanks!
    known problem - disconnect all usb device, and you get a fast POST... upgrade the BIOS to the latest, it solved this problem in my D201GLY...
    "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
    Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

hm... I have the latest BIOS according to Intels site. I guess I will have to poke around/double check...
      Mark

Comment

yeah turn off all other boot options and legacy mode for usb

eh so it just boots from teh hard drivem no optical or usb or network booting.
        that speeds it up a heap

Comment

Turn off legacy USB. It boots much, much faster.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. It seems that when I disabled legacy in the BIOS it did not persist for some reason. So I created a new BIOS with it disabled. It also has the BMW logo for the splash screen. I shared it out, in case anyone is interested: http://www.vulfson.com/carpc/bmwbios.exe
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by marchello2000 View Post
              Thanks for the suggestions. It seems that when I disabled legacy in the BIOS it did not persist for some reason. So I created a new BIOS with it disabled. It also has the BMW logo for the splash screen. I shared it out, in case anyone is interested: http://www.vulfson.com/carpc/bmwbios.exe
              How did you create your own bios. What software did you use to do it with.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by soloxp View Post
                How did you create your own bios. What software did you use to do it with.

Thanks
                Intel Integrator Toolkit (http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd...k/download.htm). The have two versions depending on what motherboard you have.
                Mark

Comment

thanks marchello2000 for the link.
                  I tried to use it and now I don't have that ugly intel splash screen.
                  dsatx in voompc 2 case <HERE>

Comment

Working...
                  X