pico itx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pico itx

is the pico itx board good enough for a car pc system?
    CarPc
    Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Installation & Fabrication [98%]

Total Completion Level [96.9 %]

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...ct-driver.html

If you don't need S3 sleep then I think is good enought for normal user...

Comment

Depends on what you want from your carpc, but like dejan said, it should be enough for most normal user.
      And also too expensive for most normal user
      dsatx in voompc 2 case <HERE>

Comment

Originally posted by _Dejan_ View Post
        If you don't need S3 sleep then I think is good enought for normal user...
        what's s3 sleep? I was thinking if something like a c7 processor. Like the 1.5 ghz c7...something along those lines
        CarPc
        Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Comment

Originally posted by chris350 View Post
          what's s3 sleep? I was thinking if something like a c7 processor. Like the 1.5 ghz c7...something along those lines
          Option like S1 but with a lot of lower power consumption... Check on google... VIA pico doesn't have C7 processor If I remember it have Eden... I was test it(have it) with 1GB DDR ram but is slower than NX15000G(you can fell diference)...

Comment

Option like S1 but with a lot of lower power consumption... Check on google... VIA pico doesn't have C7 processor If I remember it have Eden... I was test it(have it) with 1GB DDR ram but is slower than NX15000G(you can fell diference)...
            ok how about a stage one or two from the mp3car store ? For music and DVD play, gps nav. too ......? Those sound good to me.
            CarPc
            Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Comment

ok how about a stage one or two from the mp3car store ? For music and DVD play, gps nav. too ......? Those sound good to me.
              I can't tell about this products a lot, but In my first CarPc Im using Jetway VIA C7 1.5GHz (Like in stage2) and work ok except S3 sleep which it don't have it... For Stage1 I can't tell nothing because Im not test it...

Comment

I can't tell about this products a lot, but In my first CarPc Im using Jetway VIA C7 1.5GHz (Like in stage2) and work ok except S3 sleep which it don't have it... For Stage1 I can't tell nothing because Im not test it...
                why is s3 sleep so important? What's the difference with s1 and s3? Please explain
                CarPc
                Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Comment

s1 basically just puts the processor to sleep. s3 kills pretty much everything except ram. Power consumption mostly. S1 will kill the battery just about as fast as having the machine on and playing music. S3 could standby for hours before draining the battery with the car off.

http://www.yafla.com/dennisforbes/On...umppo-exe.html
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

why is s3 sleep so important? What's the difference with s1 and s3? Please explain
                    When you go into S1 board will take you around 10W, when you go into S3 board will take around 0.5-1W. In S1 CarPc will work around 1-3days(depend of battery) in S3 will work much more before will "empty" your battery, but if you will use hibernate function then this is not so important...

Comment

When you go into S1 board will take you around 10W, when you go into S3 board will take around 0.5-1W. In S1 CarPc will work around 1-3days(depend of battery) in S3 will work much more before will "empty" your battery, but if you will use hibernate function then this is not so important...
                      how can i tell if my board or a potential board I may buy has s3 sleep. I have problems with hibernate, if u leave it for a while, it cant get out of hibernate.....standby works most of the time.
                      CarPc
                      Project "Driver"

Planning [99.9%]

Parts Collected [98.5%]

Comment

I don't know, maybe if you tell which you would like buy and then we will tell you if support it or not

Comment

how can i tell if my board or a potential board I may buy has s3 sleep. I have problems with hibernate, if u leave it for a while, it cant get out of hibernate.....standby works most of the time.

Interesting, let us know if you find anything about this. Not being able to come out of hibernate is a deal breaker with me... wow.

Also any pics of your setup?
                          '02 GTI
                          [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                          [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                          [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                          [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                          Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

First I know this thread is a month old but I thought I'd just add this for those still interested.

1. I have a 1GB Pico ITX board running with 1 GB of ram. It easily runs I-guidence - DVD video - Internet, actually nothing has failed to run well. I'm using Roadrunner with the DFx4 skin.

2. The processor is a C7 and the bios does support S1 & S3 suspend modes.

3. The board operates at only 14 watts with 8-10% CPU Load, 19.2 watts at 100%
                            The most load I could put on the board is 22.8 watts.

4. I have had the board Hibernate for days and it comes back playing the MP3 right where it left off.

All above measurements were made with a digital amp meter inline.
                            If you can dream it you can build it ( I think )
                            Build File

Comment

Originally posted by csurfer View Post
                              First I know this thread is a month old but I thought I'd just add this for those still interested.

1. I have a 1GB Pico ITX board running with 1 GB of ram. It easily runs I-guidence - DVD video - Internet, actually nothing has failed to run well. I'm using Roadrunner with the DFx4 skin.

2. The processor is a C7 and the bios does support S1 & S3 suspend modes.

3. The board operates at only 14 watts with 8-10% CPU Load, 19.2 watts at 100%
                              The most load I could put on the board is 22.8 watts.

4. I have had the board Hibernate for days and it comes back playing the MP3 right where it left off.

All above measurements were made with a digital amp meter inline.
                              I have one too and although the bios will let you select S3 suspend, all it does is turn off the video output, leaving the fan and other things running. The manual specifies S3 is not supported. In other words, S3 does not do what it is supposed to do. Other than that, I like the board, but it isn't the one I use in my car.
                              ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X