Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No image after hibernation

Hello everyone.

I am running into a problem with my carPC when I try to bring it out of hibernation. If I have recently turned off the computer (within 1 hour) and try to turn it back on (ignition switch on) the computer starts up, but I get no display to my screen. In order to fix the problem I have to disconnect the power from the PC and plug it back in. I searched and couldn't find a similar problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The motherboard is a VIA EN15000G

Can anybody provide any insight into this problem I am having?

Comment

I have a feeling that this might have something to do with my m2-atx. If anyone has had a similar problem and could verify this it would be great.

Comment

Disable all screensavers and power management settings. I've had a roughly similar problem where after resuming from hibernate, the screen would be black, but it was caused from power management wanting to shut my screen off because it thought the computer had been idle for 30 minutes.

That's all I can think of.
        Tidder

Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

is the latest vga and 4in1 driver pack is installed from via's site?
          "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
          Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
            Disable all screensavers and power management settings. I've had a roughly similar problem where after resuming from hibernate, the screen would be black, but it was caused from power management wanting to shut my screen off because it thought the computer had been idle for 30 minutes.

That's all I can think of.
            Have you found that you are able to use any of the power management options, such as hibernate? Or is it best just to disable everything?

I really want to figure this out as it is a big problem. Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by FPeter View Post
              is the latest vga and 4in1 driver pack is installed from via's site?
              I will double check the website and see if these are updated. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have the same problem, so any advice would be appreciated. tia.
                Mobo is the VIA EX15000G board, p/s is the M2-ATX.

I get an initial blue screen to tell me the monitor turns on (monitor power is spliced from the M2-ATX), followed by a "No Input Signal" error and the screen turns itself off.
                The pc rarely boots Windows and power cycling did nothing, although the system worked perfectly a couple days ago.
                The carPC case fans are running with the LED status lights on until I turn off my car and the p/s shuts itself down.
                I checked all the internal wires, and everything is plugged in. I even glued some of the connectors in place, so I know the problem is not due to loose wires.

Is there anybody else that has experienced these symptoms?
                Do I have a bad motherboard?

Comment

^^^
                  All screen savers, power management, and hibernation settings are disabled.
                  Which is probably irrelevant because Windows doesn't boot.

Comment

Originally posted by das_nate View Post
                    I have the same problem, so any advice would be appreciated. tia.
                    Mobo is the VIA EX15000G board, p/s is the M2-ATX.

I get an initial blue screen to tell me the monitor turns on (monitor power is spliced from the M2-ATX), followed by a "No Input Signal" error and the screen turns itself off.
                    The pc rarely boots Windows and power cycling did nothing, although the system worked perfectly a couple days ago.
                    The carPC case fans are running with the LED status lights on until I turn off my car and the p/s shuts itself down.
                    I checked all the internal wires, and everything is plugged in. I even glued some of the connectors in place, so I know the problem is not due to loose wires.

Is there anybody else that has experienced these symptoms?
                    Do I have a bad motherboard?

I had a somewhat similar problem that I think is unrelated to this one. All I did was reset the bios to default settings and it worked. Try that and see if you get similar results.

Comment

Working...
                    X