Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

connecting 3 screens to PSU, how do I do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting 3 screens to PSU, how do I do it?

sorry for the non caps, im on my carpc. i originally set up my screens to turn on and off with the ignition for the reverse feature, but i decided to use a system dedicated to reverse. one anoying thing is that when i turn off the car you hear the touchscreens disconnecting from loss of power. i want the pc to control the power now. do you think its safe to connect all 3 EBY701s to the 12v line of were a molex connector device would go on the psu? currently i have one screen and the 6 cooling fans for the pc. will 3 screens and 6 fans be too much?..... the psu im using is a opus 320. thanx in advance!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

You'd have to crunch out the numbers for the max current available on your 12V rail, and see what devices you have pulling from it (max). If you have a spare 2 amps, go for it. Each EBY701 pulls about 1A.

That said, my M2ATX 160W is running my M10K, 2 full USB hubs, and EBY701 w/o a hitch.

CarPC v2.5 up and running - all hardware installed, skin configured, and iG tweaked like crazy. Now for OBD-II, and voice control, and camera plugin, and... :nutz: - it never ends!

Comment

Thanx for responding, I thought the EBY701 uses 1.5 amps? I think I may take the case fans off of the PSU and have them connected to the relay. Only the processor fans would stay on the PSU. I know there was a thread on here that had PSU ratings but I cant find it.....
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
      X