Voodoo 3 3500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo 3 3500

I'mfinally getting around to putting my carputer together. The problem here though is that I'm basing my entire decesion on what hardware to get on my in-dash lcd. I was going to get the one located here. That's fine and dandy and all, but now I
    need to decide on a decent graphics card that has at least video out. Preferably one that has a tv tuner and fm tuner. Oh yeah and it has to be AGP. In any case, the Voodoo 3 3500 seems to fit the bill, plus I have a friend who has one so I can check his out to see if it's up to par with my expectations. Who out there recommends the 3500 in their caputer setup? If I don't get that, I would haveto go with some sort of all-in-wonder since I don't have enough pci slots to accomodate alot of pci cards. If I went the ati route, I would have to get some sort of usb fm midulator. Any recommendations? Of course, the cheaper way out is the 3500, but I also want the display to look good. TIA.

Hmm I take it by all your silence that nobody here uses the 3500. My search continues...

Comment

That card gets damn hot. I used to have one. I like to stick to stuff that won't present a heating issue in the car environment.

Comment

So other than the heat issue, is there anything else that needs to be known about this card? I guess heating is an issue, but with spare parts, I hardly care all that much. Most of the parts won't even be in the case anyways. Thanks for the input .

Comment

I use a 3500

I currently use this card in my system and have had very little problems with it. It does get hot but I have plenty of fans for that problem. Make sure you use the 3500 drivers so you can enable the TV out. http://www.voodoofiles.com will have all of the drivers you need for this card. As for signal quality I don't have anything to compare it to but I think it is fair quality. I can't read 10 point font easily but larger text is ok.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I think this is the best solution for me at the moment and I appreciate the reply. I heard you could mod the heatsink by putting a small 40mm fan on it and also adding some higher quality heatsinks to the on-board memory.

Comment

I just to have a 3500 in my PC, and I found an old fan of a P100 or something work fine, never had any heating problems. However the big big blue cable did kinda anoy me.
              And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
              www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
              Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Working...
              X