No announcement yet.

Hiinfo N53 in Suzuki Swift?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiinfo N53 in Suzuki Swift?

Hey guys.

I've been following the various forums here for a while now as a guest and learning quite a lot from it.

Now I am looking for ideas for my own car pc setup. I have a Suzuki Swift 2005 model and I'm looking for a 2-Din unit, preferably all in one (to save having to modify the car too much running cables everywhere).

One unit that I like a lot is the Hiinfo N53 (here) which looks pretty nice (in my opinion) and looks like it would fit my needs very well. I have contacted Hiinfo and received a price list from them. They do say that it can not be installed in a Suzuki Swift, but they did not mention why. My only guess would be maybe the dimensions of the unit were too large.

I haven't yet removed the factory head unit from my Swift so I'm not sure how much space I would have available, does anyone else on these forums have a Swift who would know the largest dimensions I could fit in there?

There is one model that Hiinfo make that they sell for the Swift, which is the N52 and that comes with the face plate (and I think a wiring harness converter) for the Swift and the woman did mention this one to me, but I prefer the looks and features of the N53.

The dimentions of the N53 are 178x110x172mm and the N52 is 180x174x96mm.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any ideas on the maximum size head unit that a 2005 Suzuki Swift would take? I did try to remove the factory head unit yesterday but I didn't have much success, it seemed to be held in there very well and I didn't want to end up damaging anything.

Hi there,

I think the reason that why N53 is unable to fit the your console because it's protruding slight out of our 2-DIN console. btw, i'm having the same ride as you! ;-)

You might want to look at the N52. The N53 is not really double din, the back is, but the face is a little taller and not standard. The N52 is true double din.
        Nick - 08 GG Element
        Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

I think the N52 is around $1,100 and the N53 is around $1,250 or so. If you found an N52 for less let me know as I'd love to pick one up.
          Nick - 08 GG Element
          Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication