Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot up 3 times @ 800x600, 4th time at 800 x 480???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot up 3 times @ 800x600, 4th time at 800 x 480???

For the life of me, I can't figure this out.

I recently purchased a new motherboard for the car: Intel DG45FC

I purchased it because of the new audio chipset that it has. This board is supposedly designed with home theaters in mind. I can say that this chipset, over optical out, sounds a lot better than my iBase MB899.

More dynamic and a lot more drive. All good there.

I have one major problem though.....

It seems like 3 out of 4 times when I boot up, the computer will boot to the desired resolution: 800 x 600

The 4th time, it will boot to 800 x 480.

If I go into the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver panel, I can see that 800 x 600 is already selected...there is no option for 800 x 480.

95% of the time, I can fix it by picking 800 x 600 from the drop down (even though it's already selected) and hitting apply.

I have installed two different sets of drivers.

The ones that came on the CD, which were dated 7/something/2008, and ones from the web site for the graphics chipset, dated 6/10/2008.

Neither seems to work.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

On a suggestion I tried the following:

Persistence Mode driver (igfxpers.exe)? Just a thought.

Open Regedit and navigate to

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Find the entry for "igfxpers.exe" and delete it then reboot and see if that helps.

However, on the second reboot, I was back to 800 x 480...so no go.
    Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

is your screen turned on each time?
      and do you have the igfx or whatever it is starting on boot?

seems mad that it dosnt stay the same...

Comment

The screen turns on with ignition....

right now though, it turns on, then off, then back on, then the computer goes through boot. I am running an M4-atx on the 1.0 firmware. I will be reflashing this firmware this week though. Wonder if that order might be messing things up some?

As for igfxpers.exe, I don't know, but that's a good question. I'll check that....will have to be tomorrow most likely though.
        Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Woofnstuff View Post
          and do you have the igfx or whatever it is starting on boot?
          I did check to see if igfxpers.exe is running on start-up.

It is not running on start-up when it starts up at 800x480 or 800x600.

The only thing running is igfxtray.exe
          Jan Bennett

Comment

You may want to try editing the driver's inf file and remove the 800X480 entry, if it is possible for this version.
            2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
            [----------] 100%
            Purchasing:
            [----------] 90%
            Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
            [----------] 90%

Comment

Ever figure this problem out? I'm actually looking for a reverse solution... how do I get this mobo to boot only to 800 x 480. I havn't had any luck with that res at all.

Comment

changing processors solved it for me strangely enough.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

^^^ That is weird...
                  2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
                  [----------] 100%
                  Purchasing:
                  [----------] 90%
                  Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
                  [----------] 90%

Comment

EXTREMELY strange....it solved a number of other issues too...like windows randomly not finding a boot device.

I dono if it's a bad processor or what...
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                      EXTREMELY strange....it solved a number of other issues too...like windows randomly not finding a boot device.

I dono if it's a bad processor or what...
                      I think it was due to overheating

Comment

I don't believe so.

I have a Stinger scroll fan blowing air across the processor in addition to the processor fan/heat sink, as well as having a floor standing fan blowing cool air into the area.

The stinger scroll fan moves air at 54 Cubic Ft. Per Min.

Using speedfan, I could see my core temps at 52-60 deg. c....warm.

Swapped to a celeron....same core temps....never run into the issue again.
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

Swapped to a celeron....same core temps....never run into the issue again.
                          Where you using a dvi converter to vga with all the pins (high quality), or with about half the amount (normal quality), because in the technical doc. Of the d945gcl it states that some screens talks to the mobo and that cosecs the boot to be slower.
                          Talking to the mobo could also explain why it changed to the other screen-resolution.
                          I want the other screen-resolution, and have seen on the desktop that it can and that the false of the screen-resolution are changed by attaching a different screen.
                          Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
                          my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

That's a good point.

I'm using a DVI-I -> VGA converter.

This one is the one with more Pins.

I'm not sure I understand your post though, are you saying that just having to use the converter means it's going to slow down the boot, or.....?
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

That's a good point.
                              I'm not sure I understand your post though, are you saying that just having to use the converter means it's going to slow down the boot, or.....?
                              no not using the converter, but some screens effect boottime. Found it in the tech info of the d945gclf. See page 62 (3.9.1)
                              http://download.intel.com/support/mo...35968001us.pdf

Just found the same ting in the tech doc of the dg45fc (page 68):http://download.intel.com/support/mo...35964001us.pdf

I am gone trie a dvi converter with all the pins, maybe i 'll get the 800x480 option.
                              boot time down to 24 sec, but using the normal 5400 rpm disk
                              Cold weather mobo list: Copy the list and add your board
                              my hidden screen in action (youtube) , the worklog , RR Volvoskin

Comment

Working...
                              X