Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to find this limit switch. Pics attached.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find this limit switch. Pics attached.

I need a limit switch that looks like this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I know its obscure but I thought I recognized that switch. I've got one just like it. It doesn't have any part numbers or markings on it but I can tell you that it came out of a broken CD-ROM drive I disassembled for parts. It was used to determine if the tray was open or closed. You can have this one if you can't find it elsewhere.

Comment

I need about 8 of them and more later for my project. What's the make and model of that CD-Rom drive? I will call them and ask about it. Thanks.

Comment

Huh, I found one in my garage in a box while looking for some other stuff. It's blue, just like the first one. No model numbers either.
        Kids, don't play with too many knives! -Crack Stuntman

Comment

It was a Plextor PlexWriter. I'm not sure about the model number - it could have been the PX-W4012TS or the 8220Ti.

It's also used in a Sony CDP-CX455 400-disc MegaStorage CD Changer, as shown in this Flikr photo.

Comment

If it does not need to be exactly like to one in the first post then this is a good source.
            http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....688-SSCF110100
            The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

That's actually perfect! Thanks!!!!

Comment

@tolisn: Good find! The pinouts in the datasheet and continuity tests prove that the switch I have matches that one exactly. Now I can mark this switch accordingly. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X