AMD Turion Processor
    2GB Ram
    SATA 120GB HDD
    Opus 120W case
    PCI Riser Card
    PNY PCI Graphics Card
    Lilliput 7" transflective from MP3CAR
    Running WINXP Pro and Road Runner

I am using the PCI card because for whatever reason, when windows starts, my screen just goes to No Input Signal when connected to the on board VGA. Gave up trying to fix the issue.

Anyway, to the problem at hand, when I "turn the car off", windows hibernates, as it should. I then turn the car back on, and the computer fans start up. I dont get the initial beep to say its loading up and I get No Signal on my Screen. In order to get the whole thing working again, I have to remove power completely to the PC, connect the power again, restart the car and it all works.

Any possible suggestions as to the solution to this annoying issue?

I have the exact same problem. So far no solution other than having to restart the pc, or unhook the cable, rehook and restart. Anyone know of a solution?

Comment

your AGP, PCI problem sounds like a problem with your BIOS configuration. Go into your BIOS and search around. The hibernation problem however, i don't really know.

Comment

Originally posted by amk136 View Post
        Hello All,

Seem to be having a problem with my carpc, setup is as below:

Commell LV-681 AMD Main board
        AMD Turion Processor
        2GB Ram
        SATA 120GB HDD
        Opus 120W case
        PCI Riser Card
        PNY PCI Graphics Card
        Lilliput 7" transflective from MP3CAR
        Running WINXP Pro and Road Runner

I am using the PCI card because for whatever reason, when windows starts, my screen just goes to No Input Signal when connected to the on board VGA. Gave up trying to fix the issue.

Anyway, to the problem at hand, when I "turn the car off", windows hibernates, as it should. I then turn the car back on, and the computer fans start up. I dont get the initial beep to say its loading up and I get No Signal on my Screen. In order to get the whole thing working again, I have to remove power completely to the PC, connect the power again, restart the car and it all works.

Any possible suggestions as to the solution to this annoying issue?
        I'm still having the same issue and I haven't been able to solve it. I was curious to see if you ever found a solution. Thanks...

Comment

Does it do the same thing with a different screen? I used an AGP video card on my last carpc cuz the onboard didn't work right either.

Comment

Working...
          X