Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find this Case?

SHUTTLE XPC SS51G

I am just looking for this case along with the motherboard and the power supply. The link above is in pounds, I think, it comes out to about $380 USD. I have searched all over and can only find the whole system.

the link is for the case/mobo/psu, thats what you want. Its expensive, because its a small system, and because you get the mobo/case/psu, and they are all custom made.
    Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
    Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
    '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

i know it says it fits a P4, but what speed can you put there, because you don't know how good that heat-pipe/sink really is

Comment

The heat-pipe works extremely well. When you find them online, the only have the case/MB/PSU/heat-pipe system. Lets just say it runs a full 10C cooler them my gaming computer's CPU with it silver heat sink and a slower processor. I bought my SS40G at hardwarepro.com for $292. TygerDirect.com has the SS51G and I donít know about hardwarepro.com. The Shuttle web site might have them (check the link in my sig) and I think they have link to places that have them.

Note: If you want that blue front plate you might have to buy it from Shuttle.
        Comp. Specs:Shuttle SS40G, Athlon XP 1700+, 256MB DDR, 40GB HD, Belkin Desktop 802.11b card (good range), SB 128 sound (onboard is a bit noisy), DVD ROM
        Toshiba 100CS laptop, P75 40mb ram, 550MB HD, Megahertz LAN/modem PC card, modified to run off 12VDC
        Other stuff:Generic USB hub & USB to serial adapters, BS2SX power control system w/battery buffer, Jazz 300W Inverter, FM Modulator, Palm Vx, & GPS

Comment

does the ss40g already have TV out on it?

Comment

yup...

composite and S-video

CORRECTION

NOPE hehe

but it has 2 slots for extra VGA / Sound card...<- nice, cuz mine only has 1

Richard
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

It has a TV out and a little converter from the s-video to composite. The TV out looks quite good on my big-screen TV. It can also run both the TV and standard outputs at the same time. Check the link in my sig for the stats on it.
              Comp. Specs:Shuttle SS40G, Athlon XP 1700+, 256MB DDR, 40GB HD, Belkin Desktop 802.11b card (good range), SB 128 sound (onboard is a bit noisy), DVD ROM
              Toshiba 100CS laptop, P75 40mb ram, 550MB HD, Megahertz LAN/modem PC card, modified to run off 12VDC
              Other stuff:Generic USB hub & USB to serial adapters, BS2SX power control system w/battery buffer, Jazz 300W Inverter, FM Modulator, Palm Vx, & GPS

Comment

where is the TV out and S-Video out ports located? are they on the back of the case? or are they on the motherboard?

Comment

Yep, that's all I want, the mobo/psu/case. Mainly because I can't find the case separate, and if I did, I can't find the motherboard that they use. I think I will email shuttle. I looked at TygerDirect.com but I don't know what the technical terms mean so I can't tell what it comes with and what it doesn't come with.

Comment

Dont you guys have some sort of a hardware search site? that searches all the online hardware stores on the net, in your country?

Search for the specific name, model etc. And find the correct store that has it...

We have such a site, and it dont take long time before you can find which stores that sells the different hardware

Richard
                    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Tiger direct had some of the shuttles over christmas. might check there. www.tigerdirect.com

Comment

The TV out is on the mobo. If you want I can give you the exact link for what you want.

Do you want to use a Intel (p4) or cheaper & faster AMD (athlon XP) processor?
                        Do you want an AGP slot (to put in a better vid card) or a better on mobo vid card?

Status: 80% complete (Almost done with the controle boxes)

Comment

how is the onboard video on the SS40G? Do you set in the BIOS how much physical memeory you want to dedicate to the video card, i.e. 64MB?

And when i mean good, i mean does it look good in a carpc on a LCD screen?

Because as long as the onboard video isn't crap, i would just buy one of those and put in a better sound card, since sound quality is the main concern for the carpc.

Comment

I have yet to try it on a small LCD (I only have a 14" one), but even running to my vid capture card (a piece of crap) it still looked better then the $300 converters they use at my school. I have a small Sony TV that I can get you a pic of it on if you want. The amount of your DDR it takes up is adjustable in the BIOS (from 2mb to 64mb I think) and there are tons of other settings for it. The onboard sound is OK, but any IDE activity creates a lot of noise. It has digital outs though so you could use it with say, a 5.1 surround processor in your car. I still put a soundblaster in mine though.

Status: 80% complete (Almost done with the controle boxes)

Comment

alright cool, i think i am probably going to get one, and i have a sound blaster audigy2 comming, and i was gonna get a 40gig laptop HDD with a firewire enclosure, and have a DVD ROM in it, and i would just use the onboard video, get a cpu and some memory.

Are there any things you found bad with it or things you would change about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X