Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCZ Core Series OCZSSD2-1C64G 2.5" Grab yourself a 64GB solid-state drive for $99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCZ Core Series OCZSSD2-1C64G 2.5" Grab yourself a 64GB solid-state drive for $99

Special available at Here

OCZ Core Series OCZSSD2-1C64G 2.5" 64GB SATA II Internal Solid state disk (SSD) Item#:N82E16820227344

Receive a $70 mail in rebate from OCZ! Expires on 10/16/08

That makes it 99.00 for a 64 Gb solid state disk!!
    If you can dream it you can build it ( I think )
    Build File

damn....looks like they killed it
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

What do you mean killed it? It's still available from what I can see.

Look under the tab that says rebate
      If you can dream it you can build it ( I think )
      Build File

Comment

it says deactivated item

Comment

Not very good reviews from people that already bought them...

Comment

I got rid of my SSD drive because the write speed was ridiculously slow, I see these drives suffer the same problem, slow write speeds.

Comment

Wow...so reading some reviews, it seems a common complaint is that when using this drive, the whole system becomes unresponsive when the drive is written on? Not good for multitasking....

Comment

I read a test of the new intel x25 ssd compared with ocz and others, and there is some general issues with random-write/random-read on pretty much all of them except intel's new x25.

Found the article, http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=3403
                Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Well with EWF you don't have to worry about it writing to the disk ever.

Comment

Yeah I used EWF on my MLC SSD drive and noticed a big improvement on bootup, need to avoid writes as they slow the drive down considerably. I had to get rid of the SSD drive cuz it would frequently and mysteriously lose it's partition data when connected to the D201GLY2A or D945GCLF motherboards. It worked flawlessly on my notebook, strange how it was hardware sensitive.

The only MLC SSD drive I would consider buying is that Intel version, or purchase only SLC SSD drives.

Comment

That's a bit disappointing...with SSD I would have thought you just use it like a normal drive. I guess the mainstream stuff still has a while to go before being practical and a suitable hard drive replacement.

Comment

I'm not surprised about writes being slow, as copying files to a usb drive is much slower than reading it. Are the SSD drives faster than say a CF hooked up to an IDE port?

Comment

USB memory stick works pretty good with large files, same goes for most MLC SSD drives. But as soon as you do a lot of small writes it chokes and EWF helps alleviate this problem. SSD drives may be a bit better because it has wear level algorithm, and it's optimized for hard drive use. Again the only SSD drive I would purchased today are SLC SSD or the new intel MLC SSD drives.

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_ View Post
                            I read a test of the new intel x25 ssd compared with ocz and others, and there is some general issues with random-write/random-read on pretty much all of them except intel's new x25.

Found the article, http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=3403
                            god damn :s
                            six hundred dollars???

PS: what's an ewf?

Comment

Working...
                            X