d201gly2 video driver not installing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d201gly2 video driver not installing

I've run my setup for a while now but have finally grown tired of a cold boot every time the car starts up, so I started searching for the reason hibernate was not an option on my setup (there is no tab on power options at all). I found that if the drivers for the onboard video for the d201gly2 motherboard were not installed I would have an issue with hibernation. So, I searched around, got the drivers from both the Intel site and the SiS site. They're the same (who couldn't see that coming...).

The problem is this:
    Upon loading the initial screen a box pops up titled "SISbase.dll" and says "Can't find Instfunc.exe result file". At this point the install stops completely and needs to be shut down from task manager.

Has anyone encountered this problem and know the answer? I would greatly appreciate some help.

You are not using Minlogon are you?

Comment

Are you logged in as the Administrator? My D201GLY2A worked flawlessly with video driver installation and hibernation.

Also if you're using a special Windows XP version (ie N-lite, TinyXP) that could be a problem.

Comment

alright, uninstalled from device manager, rebooted and everything went perfectly... thanks for making me think about it a little more than just double clicking on the driver file.

I now have hibernate!!

Comment

Working...
        X