Glue PCI card to motherboard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue PCI card to motherboard?

I was wondering if there is a way i could GLUE my PCI card to the pci slot or something of that sort, sometimes when i hit bumps they come just sligthly out... i need to prevent this... any ideas?

I bough a flexi pci connector from carputer.no so that I could mount my graphics board laying down.

Something like that could maybe help depending on what box you have.

[media]http://web.comhem.se/mulle2/mII12000.jpg[/media]

If you have problems today you will eventually wear out the connectors due to high mass. I do not recommend glue, or in any other way fixing mobo and pci board together.
    My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Comment

You can use hot-glue. It's non-conductive, and should hold your PCI card in place.
      I worked for a place that used this method to keep the system together in shipping.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I'm not sure I want to know what company that was, DP :-)

Btw, is "spring 07" still valid?

Comment

thanks for the idea DP, i will prob try that first because i can always easy pull it off

Comment

just tie it to the slot with fishing line!

it was ok for a long time in my previous config

"case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
            Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Ive had good experience with the hot glue. It has just enough hold and isnt too difficult to remove when that time comes.

Comment

same here with hot glue, just resist touching it until its fully cooled

Comment

nice, thanks im going to def do this tonight, sick of BLUESCREEN lol or just freeze

Comment

I'll second the fishing line suggestion, it'll be more snug & secure with less chance of coming loose (plus, less mess)

Comment

I have tried the hot glue method with a pci wireless card in my rig.

After a weekend with numerous issues I finally tracked it down to the pci card. Even though it was glued in place it was moving enough to disrupt the connections.

Solution- Throw the pci card away and use usb!
                      Car PC -Jetway J7F2WE2G, 4Gb CF Boot, 32Gb CF Data, 1Gb Ram, M2-ATX PS, 8" 800x600 TS, SiLabs USB Radio, Garmin GPS15L, Ublox SBR-LS DR GPS, Fusion Brain, Multibay Card Reader, Panasonic Slotload DVD+-RW, Custom Fab Steel Case
                      Car- 1988 Nissan Patrol 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by thwack View Post
                        I have tried the hot glue method with a pci wireless card in my rig.

After a weekend with numerous issues I finally tracked it down to the pci card. Even though it was glued in place it was moving enough to disrupt the connections.

Solution- Throw the pci card away and use usb!
                        or search for other card... there might be a little difference between PCB thickness of card and card, and other card might be ok...
                        "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
                        Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Originally posted by dyne View Post
                          I'll second the fishing line suggestion, it'll be more snug & secure with less chance of coming loose (plus, less mess)
                          If you're making a mess with a hot glue gun, then you're doing it wrong.
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i wish i could go usb, the 2 pci cards are for, INTEL usb chipset (for fusion brain) and the other is a lpt port with 2 com ports for my lcd screen and hd radio

Comment

? Don't you use USB-RS232 adapters on cable ?

Comment

Working...
                              X