Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, mini-itx board will not power up with 12V P4 4pin power connector

Hello everyone,

Needing some guidance regarding a Commell LE-565 mini-itx motherboard which is based on Via chipset and Eden cpu. It has an onboard p4 power connector and a 12v dc jack connector. I wanted to use a regular atx psu w/ p4 connector to power the board, but it will not power on at all. I have only the p4 connector hooked up, but when i try to power it on, nothing will come on, not even the psu.

I tried this with 2 different psu (antec and sparkle) which works with other systems. Also tested in two different cases.

Any ideas?
    My Heatware

You only have the 4 pin cable connected to the motherboard?

Comment

yes. there are no other power connectors other than a 12v dc jack.

it has 256mb ddr embedded and integrated video which should be enough to make the system power on on regular computers.

also tried playing with the cmos jumpers...
      My Heatware

Comment

did u connect the 12v dc jack?

Comment

haven't tried :/ it didn't come with a 12v ac-dc adapter, although it's ~$30 on ebay for a generic one...just didn't want to spend anymore $ on this system, if i can't get it to work, then i might just eat return shipping price and get a refund.
          My Heatware

Comment

It's not turning on because the power supply requires a signal from the computer to turn on. You can mimic this signal by taking the 20 pin connector (the big honkin' one) and shorting the green pin to one of the black pins.

See here: http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96712-...upply-psu.html

Comment

thanks!!!!! i had something like that in mind too but was unsure..i will test later this evening when i get home from work. any other thoughts in case this doesnt work?

UPDATE: success! it works! THANK YOU DYNE AND EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE

also is this safe to leave on 24/7?
              My Heatware

Comment

Working...
              X