HDZ300 wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDZ300 wiring

I recently purchased an HDz300 for my carpc install. Should i wire the power and accessory wires to my radio harness?

This is my concern, when starting the car, i believe accessory looses power during crank. i will have this connected to my Car PC using Centrafuse and want to avoid any complications of loosing sync with centrafuse and having to restart centrafuse everytime i start the car.

How are you guys wiring the HDz300 and what can you guys recommend.

Thanks for you input

MacMini running Vista
    Centrafuse
    HDz300 using Mitch cable and USB to Serial dongle.

yes, the ACC line has no power when the key is in the "start" position (engine crank). but that shouldn't matter because your engine will be started [and the key will be back in the "run" position] before your computer boots up.

the HDz300's power/ignition/ground wires can be wired normally (that is how I have mine hooked up and it works fine for me). if your power supply has a +12V output, then you could always wire the HDz300's IGN wire to that instead. this way it will have power as long as the PC is on.
    F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
    Fusion Carputer [2.0]
    Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Hey thanks for your reply. I currently have a macmini which i just put into sleep mode. so it really doesnt take long for it to boot up. it just takes a few seconds to wake up from sleep.

I am thinking of just wiring it the normal way for now and see how it works out for me.

I am still open for suggestions tho lol.

Comment

id wire it directly to the car 12v grnd and ign, i have mine off carpc... and it has problems on resume...

Comment

Originally posted by Urbanmindz View Post
          I recently purchased an HDz300 for my carpc install. Should i wire the power and accessory wires to my radio harness?

This is my concern, when starting the car, i believe accessory looses power during crank. i will have this connected to my Car PC using Centrafuse and want to avoid any complications of loosing sync with centrafuse and having to restart centrafuse everytime i start the car.

How are you guys wiring the HDz300 and what can you guys recommend.

Thanks for you input

MacMini running Vista
          Centrafuse
          HDz300 using Mitch cable and USB to Serial dongle.
          Mitch has addressed this with his cable the HDZ300 needs to be on whenever the PC is on, so wire it to the PC power supply molex connector. Black and yellow wires. If you do not then when you turn off the car the radio loses power before the PC and causes problems with the software (RR or Centrafuse).
          The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
            Mitch has addressed this with his cable the HDZ300 needs to be on whenever the PC is on, so wire it to the PC power supply molex connector. Black and yellow wires. If you do not then when you turn off the car the radio loses power before the PC and causes problems with the software (RR or Centrafuse).
            well this is how mine is connected but whenever i resume from hibernate RR says cant find HD radio

Comment

i dont have a "regular" power supply. i am using a carnetix p1900 which is powering a MacMini anyone know how i can wire it to that?

Thanks

Comment

i dont have a "regular" power supply. i am using a carnetix p1900 which is powering a MacMini anyone know how i can wire it to that?

Thanks
                From the Store description...
                The P1900 provides two outputs. The primary output is jumper selectable for 18V, 19V, or 20V operation and can provide up to 6.32 amps (125 Watts @ 20V ). [hl]The secondary output is jumper selectable to provide either +12V to power your LCD screen [/hl](or 13.5V or experimental purposes), or +5V to power USB devices (such as the Audigy 2NX sound USB sound card) with up to 3 amps (15 Watts). The P1900 can accept battery input as low as 7 volts under full load (140 watts) during cranking while providing a well-regulated output so that your CarPC does not crash.The P1900 provides two outputs. The primary output is jumper selectable for 18V, 19V, or 20V operation and can provide up to 6.32 amps (125 Watts @ 20V ). The secondary output is jumper selectable to provide either +12V to power your LCD screen (or 13.5V or experimental purposes), or +5V to power USB devices (such as the Audigy 2NX sound USB sound card) with up to 3 amps (15 Watts). The P1900 can accept battery input as low as 7 volts under full load (140 watts) during cranking while providing a well-regulated output so that your CarPC does not crash.

You could use the secondary output to run it.
                The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

Originally posted by dhantiflag View Post
                  well this is how mine is connected but whenever i resume from hibernate RR says cant find HD radio
                  The new RR builds have added a delay to RR.ini to start the radio (resumedelay=5) after RR has had a chance to get running. Search for it in the RR section and add it. It helped with mine. (I will look for it and post a link for you.)

Just copied out of my RR.ini it is in secs so add a few to the resume and see if it finds it.
                  The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

fixerofallthing - thanks for your help and information.

That is currently powering my screen. I know i can tap into it, but the screen always turns off before the computer has fully gone to sleep. I am sure this will take me back to step one all over again

Comment

Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                      The new RR builds have added a delay to RR.ini to start the radio (resumedelay=5) after RR has had a chance to get running. Search for it in the RR section and add it. It helped with mine. (I will look for it and post a link for you.)

Just copied out of my RR.ini it is in secs so add a few to the resume and see if it finds it.
                      ty sir.

Comment

fixerofallthing - thanks for your help and information.

That is currently powering my screen. I know i can tap into it, but the screen always turns off before the computer has fully gone to sleep. I am sure this will take me back to step one all over again
                        My 1900 Kept the power on till everything was off. I used to run a laptop setup with 1. I would rec using a multimeter because the screen might be going off because it loses the video signal. The 12V output is also designed to run a USB sound card that would need power until the PC shuts of also. Just a thought.
                        The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

i tested with a MM last night and the power cord that goes to the monitor lost power as soon as i removed acc. Perhaps i am missing a jumper setting?

I am using the p1900 with a 5v output add on.

Comment

i tested with a MM last night and the power cord that goes to the monitor lost power as soon as i removed acc. Perhaps i am missing a jumper setting?

I am using the p1900 with a 5v output add on.
                            In the setting the jumpers section (page24) of the manual

3.2.4 Setting JP4 (Secondary Output Control)
                            The JP4 jumper gives you the flexibility to use the Secondary Output in different ways depending upon your CarPC system configuration. The Secondary Output can be turned ON or OFF based on two different control signals: 1) DLYON or, 2) the signal that controls the Primary Output (PRI OUT).
                            DLYON

Jumpering DLYON will turn your Secondary Output ON or OFF with the DLYON signal. This means that your Secondary Output will come on 3 seconds after your Primary Output comes ON, and will go OFF when your ignition is turned OFF.
                            If you use the Secondary Output to power your screen (+12V) and want your screen to turn on and off with your CarPC’s main power, then select DLYON to control your Secondary Output.
                            PRI OUT

Jumpering PRI OUT will make the Secondary Output follow the control used to turn ON and OFF the Primary Output. Thus, when the Primary Output is ON, the Secondary Output will also be ON. If the Primary Output is OFF, the Secondary Output will be OFF.
                            This setting is affected by the jumper setting of the Shutdown Delay AND Hibernate/Standby jumpers on JP1 as described in the next sections.
                            Shutdown Delay Effects on JP4
                            If you have set the Shutdown Delay jumper to the default position (6 seconds), both the Primary and Secondary Outputs will be turned OFF 6 seconds after the Ignition is turned OFF. If you have set the Shutdown Delay jumper for 15 minutes, both the Primary and Secondary Outputs will remain ON for 15 minutes after the Ignition is turned off. This setting is useful for keeping certain USB devices powered during the Shutdown Delay time. For example, if you use the Secondary Output to power your USB WiFi card and you want to keep your WiFi card powered during the Shutdown Delay time to transfer files, then set the jumper JP4 for PRI OUT.
                            Hibernate/Standby Effects on JP4
                            If you have the Hibernate/Standby(Sleep) jumper (JP1 Pins 5-6) set to Standby(Sleep), the primary output is never turned off (see Standby section). If you also have JP4 jumpered to follow the Primary Output, the Secondary Output will also NOT be turned off when the unit goes into Standby mode. (ie Ignition is turned off). Hence any devices connected to the Secondary Output will remain powered in Standby. You should be very careful not to drain your battery when using Standby. It is

highly advised that, if you are using Standby/Sleep, that you jumper your Secondary Output to follow DLYON.
                            The Car 2005 Scion xB

Comment

i do have my p1900 setup for standby mode. if i setup the jumper to follow the primary output, then i would the radio will stay one all the time.

Right now i have it setup to DLYON.

Perhaps is there anyway i can wire a relay to a usb port power or something inside my MacMini that will tell the relay to turn on when the mac mini is on and and off when the mac mini turns off?

Would that even work?

Comment

Working...
                              X