Veonix computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veonix computer

I have a Veonix unit in my van - has anyone had any experience with them besides me?

I have been very happy with it and the support.

It was expensive, but the problems are all addressed :
    - won't boot up if it is colder than 32 degrees
    - starts up / shuts down with ign switch
    - accepts 12v input (advanced power supply)
    - has gps antenna & software loaded
    - check out the website for more on it. I don't know if the company sells just their screen, but it looks like a 6.5" touchscreen in a housing. I used a 10.4 Datalux in mine.

FYI

Brian

I must be reading the page wrong, correct me please. Did you really pay $4500 - $5000 for a simple car pc that runs windows, winamp, and copilot?
    Alex Lear

Comment

Did you also notice that they compare the "cost" of their system to an ordinary in-dash player with the CD's. I guess they assume that all our mp3's must be stolen!

Dex

Also, it just me, or does this look like something someone built in their garage?

gallery

Most of the people here have done a better job than this. (Perhaps I'm just ragging, because its $5000.)

Comment

You have to be kidding $5000 for a system you can build for 6 to 8 hundred dollars. I can build a similar system and have more option to add stuff to it

Comment

wow.....like others have said, you can build it for a lot less.

whats with the won't boot if below 32? psht, it's been 0 here and mine runs np

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I paid 1900.00 for it. I considered the cost of CoPilot, XP, and the fact that the cellular modem , antenna, gps antenna, and power supply were all included. If you add up the software alone, (assuming it's not stolen) this seems reasonable to me. The big reason was the controller - it monitors battery voltage, temperature, and regulated the voltage. It also boots up, shuts down, and had a 5-minute delay for short stops. It is all in a very nice custom-made heavy steel case.
            I tried making several from scratch, I'm not some moron with 2 g's burning a hole in my pocket. I'm sure if you figure out how many hours you have spent building / troubleshooting, etc, this amount is VERY fair.

Brian

Comment

half the fun is building it i guess tho, heh

especially when you have a small vehicle with no space like mine

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I can see why you did it, but the fact that it doesnt work below 32F would really bother me, as its a problem im trying to work out in my current system (as december-march is typically below that).
                -Nick

Comment

Perhaps it's something in the bios about a tempreature alarm/condition

for instance if the tempreature is under 0C or over 60C then it won't boot up.

I don't know if you can access the bios, but give it a try.
                  aka Kumaneko
                  "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                  Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                  mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                  Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

I remember this was talked about before here

Turning of the temp detector in the bios...
                    BossTone74

Comment

Have you asked the people you bought it from about the temp problem?
                      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Working...
                      X