Sound card with a dedicated sub out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound card with a dedicated sub out?

I have the sound-card that came with the motherboard but it doesn't have a dedicated out for the subwoofer.. can you recommend a card with one?

Any card that has more than just stereo output can be configured via software to output just the bass to one of the extra sound channels.

If you're looking for a USB soundcard, check out this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/car-...card-list.html

If PCI, hmm, I don't know. Someone else might have good suggestions.

Comment

I configured my onboard mic input as a subwoofer output. Works perfect.
      Ampie Case
      2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
      Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
      Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Ah yes, I forgot that most modern audio chipsets will let you reassign the inputs as extra outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
          Can you give me a run down of how you did this?? That is very interesting to me. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
            How?

Comment

On the newer Realtek and SigmaTel embedded chips (and others I'm sure), if you install their driver software, when you plug something into a particular jack, a popup window comes up, asking you what you just plugged in, giving you options like: Microphone, Line-In, Front speaker out, rear speaker out, center/subwoofer out, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X