Window roll down and up question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window roll down and up question!

I just bought a device that connects to my windows. When I hit the lock button, if my windows are down, it will roll them up one by one. Im trying to go for the Mercedez type feature, lol. The unit I bought also hase the ability to roll down the windows also. Is there some kind of relay system I can create so that when I hit the open on my remote 3 times, that tells the windows to go down? My car is setup so that when I hit unlock once, it unlocks the driver door. Twice opens all the doors. So I would like 3 times to roll down the windows. Any idea on how to accomplish this?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

I don't think it's possible, most brains are set up to receive a single or dual pulse, I've never seen one that accepts a three trigger pulse. Unfortunately, unless it's custom, alarms just aren't computers.....they're not set up to receive an infinite number of pulses.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
      I don't think it's possible, most brains are set up to receive a single or dual pulse, I've never seen one that accepts a three trigger pulse. Unfortunately, unless it's custom, alarms just aren't computers.....they're not set up to receive an infinite number of pulses.
      Yea I know, but do you think there is something I can build, like a relay type system, that on the 3rd pulse it allows the signal between the brain and the trigger to connect? There is one thing I dont use and thats the panic button, maybe I can use that to trigger the windows to open?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
        Yea I know, but do you think there is something I can build, like a relay type system, that on the 3rd pulse it allows the signal between the brain and the trigger to connect? There is one thing I don't use and thats the panic button, maybe I can use that to trigger the windows to open?
        Have you considered upgrading your car alarm to something with more Aux out ports, mine has three and the press and hold for the unlock button is what rolls my windows down.

If your window controller is like mine it has two settings: one can roll up four windows (up only) or the other setting can roll up and down only two windows. The wires are short so I had to install/glue it in the drivers door, patch it into the wiring of the drivers window switches and extend the triggers to it. And to do up and down requires two triggers. Without an additional aux out, I hope you're good at troubleshooting PCB traces cause to use the panic button you're gonna have to find its output to the siren, cut the trace, and solder a wire to it (and if your car alarm brain is more than a single-layer board, you're SOL!)
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
          Have you considered upgrading your car alarm to something with more Aux out ports, mine has three and the press and hold for the unlock button is what rolls my windows down.

If your window controller is like mine it has two settings: one can roll up four windows (up only) or the other setting can roll up and down only two windows. The wires are short so I had to install/glue it in the drivers door, patch it into the wiring of the drivers window switches and extend the triggers to it. And to do up and down requires two triggers. Without an additional aux out, I hope you're good at troubleshooting PCB traces cause to use the panic button you're gonna have to find its output to the siren, cut the trace, and solder a wire to it (and if your car alarm brain is more than a single-layer board, you're SOL!)
          I am actually connecting this to the standard remote that comes with the car, but the alarm you talk about seems interesting. Do you have a link to it? The unit has a wire that rolls up the windows, and one to roll them down, from what it says, it can raise and lower all 4. I think upgrading the alarm would be better. Can you link me to a good alarm with the ability to have a AUX option?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

it is possible, you might have to use a micro controller that detects when a lock pulse is sent 3 times in a predetermined time, then it's just a simple matter of wiring an SPDT relay to the input of your window module, as for the micro controller i can't help you there because i don't know anything about them.
            or you could use a capacitor that takes a charge each time a lock pulse is sent example:
            1 time 33.33% charged
            2 times 66.66% charged
            3 times 99.99% charged
            now that it's fully charged it'll trip the relay.
            i don't know what size cap you would need to use though.

have a look at the12volt.com they might have something.
            Scion CarPC

Bluetooth Audio Gateway Tutorial

How to speed up boot with buried features in msconfig

Comment

Look into Viper alarm system. They have everything from your basic unlock/lock systems to full 2way remotes with remote start alarms 1 mile range and all. Most of their systems that include the remote start features also have 1-3 aux output channels that you can use to trigger relay or whatever you want. Also I know if you pick one up at Best Buy they include free installation (But i had one done there and their work is sub-par...) Also I wouldn't recommend the fancy 2 ways with the screens on the remotes bc the batteries have to be change way too often.

If your window roll up module doesn't support windows down then you can use a relay on each window tied into the aux out of the alarm brain and they have a feature that activates the output for 30 seconds then shuts off. Make sure you use 4 individual relays wired properly otherwise you'll have power crossing over to other windows.

Comment

I am actually connecting this to the standard remote that comes with the car, but the alarm you talk about seems interesting. Do you have a link to it? The unit has a wire that rolls up the windows, and one to roll them down, from what it says, it can raise and lower all 4. I think upgrading the alarm would be better. Can you link me to a good alarm with the ability to have a AUX option?
                I currently have a Crimestopper CS-2016. I chose this brand cause back in 1999, it was the only car alarm maker in the world that had remote start/alarms where one remote worked on two different cars. I previously said it has 3 Aux, it actually has four, I only use 3. I've been through three different model over the years (everytime I get another car) and never had any problems. On their website, the 2016 is under "Combo Alarms," then scroll down.

One problem I ran into initially was no retail storefront in my area carried them and 9 outta 10 custom installers wouldn't touch it. And that 10th guy was expensive!

Bottom line - almost all alarms now have aux out lines, so the sky's the limit, chose whichever one you like.
                HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

why not just use your computer to do it? Alot of home made cnc machines use ford window motors for high torque motors. Why not just wire yours up using cnc software and get it setup to run when you shut down the ocmputer?
                  Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
                  planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
                  parts___[++++++----] around 60%
                  install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack View Post
                    why not just use your computer to do it? Alot of home made cnc machines use ford window motors for high torque motors. Why not just wire yours up using cnc software and get it setup to run when you shut down the ocmputer?
                    I'm actually working on getting my computer to operate the windows with the Fusion Brain board. But I think he wants to be able to operate them remotely even if the car / computer are off.

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack View Post
                      Well the car puts up the Windows fine, its the rolling down thats the issue. If I use the PC I cant use it when the PC is off. I really didnt care for a car alarm, but it looks like thats the route I will go.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                      4X MK808b
                      3x Perixx Touchpads
                      3x 7 inch Screens
                      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by Injector View Post
                        it is possible, you might have to use a micro controller that detects when a lock pulse is sent 3 times in a predetermined time, then it's just a simple matter of wiring an SPDT relay to the input of your window module, as for the micro controller i can't help you there because i don't know anything about them.
                        or you could use a capacitor that takes a charge each time a lock pulse is sent example:
                        1 time 33.33% charged
                        2 times 66.66% charged
                        3 times 99.99% charged
                        now that it's fully charged it'll trip the relay.
                        i don't know what size cap you would need to use though.

have a look at the12volt.com they might have something.
                        I like this idea........... seems it can easily be done!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by bratnetwork View Post
                          Also I wouldn't recommend the fancy 2 ways with the screens on the remotes bc the batteries have to be change way too often.
                          I change mine twice a year at most. And it has a battery indicator so I can see if I need to change it.
                          Ampie Case
                          2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
                          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                          Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
                          Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
                          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Well I got the module today and it turns out you can only do one or the other, not both. Ive decided that rolling down the Windows isnt important to me, if it does then i will buy another module to roll down the windows!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Well I got the module today and it turns out you can only do one or the other, not both. Ive decided that rolling down the Windows isnt important to me, if it does then i will buy another module to roll down the windows!
                              Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                              X