Sirius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius

What exactly is the best way to add sirius to my car PC? I have one of mitches ALPS1 based units and it works great but the interface is no longer available. I need something that will work with RoadRunner in my other car PC. What can i use?

Thanks
    Chris Krug
    owner, turbine minivan
    http://www.youtube.com/krugtech

sirius

http://store.mp3car.com/category_s/141.htm

i use these two and they work great

Comment

The SC-C1 or the SC-H1 are your options. The Mp3car store has the SC-C1 interface here: http://store.mp3car.com/product_p/sat-011.htm

Mitch sells both interfaces on his website: www.rush2112.net

FYI: The SC-C1 uses 12 volt power the SC-H1 uses 5 volt.

Comment

I am using the ALP1 unit. Works ok. Works better with the older RR though, before mitch's rewrite...

When you say interface do you mean hardware or software?
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Well at this point you can also buy the XM Direct and buy the USB Adapter. Remember Sirius and XM merged their channel line up. All the same channels are on XM and Sirius. To hear Howard though, you would have to get the best of Sirius.
          Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1X 7 inch motorized Screen
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            I am using the ALP1 unit. Works ok. Works better with the older RR though, before mitch's rewrite...
            Mine works better since the rewrite.

Originally posted by HiJackZX1
            Remember Sirius and XM merged their channel line up. All the same channels are on XM and Sirius.
            Just the music channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post

Just the music channels.
              I didnt know that, I only have the mostly music package, I hate talk radio and what not.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post

Just the music channels.
                Since the rewrite, mine:

* freezes
                * causes dll dump errors and crashes the system
                * makes the cache autoupdater spawn all the time rendering the PC unuseable. If it happens when I am delivering, then I have to pull the plug and restart since the car is not on in long enough periods to update so it starts over and over and over and pushing exit doesnt stop it
                * doesnt work coming out of hibernation
                * Randomly cuts out
                * And randomly when changing between music and sirius (not every time), it will not change the playlist. So listening to sirius, switch to music, and still the sirius channels are listed but with the album art. Nothing plays through the speakers. Or the opposite, switch to sirius and the dog appears but it is my music and nothing will play
                * Also when I go into standby with sirius playing my music doesnt resume from the same location if I switch back. If I switch between sirius and music before I go into standby it works fine.

And non-sirius related a bunch of other things too like volume fade taking much longer than before to start up by a few seconds.

This is all with the default BMV2 skin.

My solution, go back to April 2006 version which works 100% flawlessly.
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I used to run an SC-H1 with Mitch's USB adapter box. If you soundcard has digital input then, the H1 is for you, otherwise the regular analog from the SC-C1 will do.

Comment

of Mitch's 2 options, which comes with an antenna best suited for a car?
                    Chris Krug
                    owner, turbine minivan

Comment

to be honest look at their stock price. 0.12 isnt much, they are probably going out of business very soon. Delistings start back in January of 09 if I remember right.
                      '02 GTI
                      [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                      [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                      [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                      [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                      Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Originally posted by turbochris View Post
                        of Mitch's 2 options, which comes with an antenna best suited for a car?
                        You'll want the SC-C1 then. The SC-H1 comes with a "home" antenna.

Originally posted by judoGTI
                        to be honest look at their stock price. 0.12 isnt much, they are probably going out of business very soon. Delistings start back in January of 09 if I remember right.
                        It looks like they're preparing to file for bankruptcy. I personally don't see much longevity for the platform, but I think they'll be able to stay afloat for another year, maybe 2. Programming delivered via internet is where it's going to be at.

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster
                        Since the rewrite, mine:
                        *list*
                        My solution, go back to April 2006 version which works 100% flawlessly.
                        Volume fade is flawed. Mitch recommends turning it off. Every once in a while I lose control of mine. I just exit RR and re-load and it's fine. I have a feeling that you'd have better luck with a fresh load of RR rather than building on the old stuff.

But if you're happy with the April 2006 code then more power to you. Personally I'm not a big fan of the BMV2 skin and all the newer skins need code from November 07 or later.

Comment

UGHHHHHHHHHH, please dont let Sirius XM die!!!!!!!!!!!! Well actually to tell you the truth, I havent listened to it for a while. Someone created a Web Radio Plugin for CF and thats really all I use. Sirius XM, even though merged, seem to play the same thing over and over. Although Internet Radio does have commercials (the huge ones with like 20 plus channels) they are very rare and not anoying like radio. Its a shame, they merged only to find themselves in the situation they were trying to avoid. Well at least i will have more room in my center console for some new toys if they do go under.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Until there's always on internet connectivity available on all of our roads, I can't see how satellite radio could go under. I drive all over for my job and it's nice to be able to have just about constant consistant radio service everywhere I go. I can't see streaming entertainment via the internet while driving through the smokey mountains miles from civilization. It may be possible but at what cost?
                            Chris Krug
                            owner, turbine minivan

Comment

Originally posted by turbochris View Post
                              Until there's always on internet connectivity available on all of our roads, I can't see how satellite radio could go under. I drive all over for my job and it's nice to be able to have just about constant consistant radio service everywhere I go. I can't see streaming entertainment via the internet while driving through the smokey mountains miles from civilization. It may be possible but at what cost?
                              $39.99 a month for unlimited internet and texts with att through my smartphone

Comment

Working...
                              X