Cost of a decent car pc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of a decent car pc?

I have been researching double din head units for my car lately and thought i would take a look at the car pc world. Would $700 get me very far in buying a car pc? Do you use a seperate head unit or only your car pc for music? Would a car pc be worth it for about 700 dollars or should i stick to the double din head unit idea?

There's someone on here selling a complete kit for eight benjamins. From what I can recall it's a decent setup.

What kind experience do you have tinkering with the innards of a computer?

Essentially, to answer your question, what do you want the carPC to do? Give us lots of details so that we can offer you better advice.
    Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
    CPU Electrical Specs
    Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
    Temperature Converter
    Voltage Calculator

Comment

As dMand said we need more information...
      BTW I have for sale motherboard with CPU&ram and other components from which you can build 2DIN carpc...

Comment

I would like a CD/DVD drive bluetooth and maybe gps and a OBDII reader would be cool later on. I have built a few desktop PCs and i know how everything fits together.

What do you mean 2 din car pc? Will it fit behind the screen in my dash? Are there any enclosures made for that?

Comment

DIN refers to the size of the slot where your headunit fits in the console. Generally, it comes in two flavours: single-DIN and double-DIN. If you go to your local car audio store and pickup a basic car CD player, it will fit in a single-DIN slot. If you pickup a a DVD player with LCD for your car, it will most probably fit in a double-DIN space.

What car do you currently have?
          2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

Working...
          X