No announcement yet.

Touchscreen disappearing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen disappearing

I got to say that computers are evil and I hate them all.

Finally my touchscreen (DennisK) and serial mouse have learned to live in peace. The mouse is on the onboard serial port and the touchscreen is on a USB to serial hub (made by Entrega) on COM 2. When I start up everything is great and as long as I don't run any programs that are processor intensive then everything works great. Now after playing a couple songs in Winamp 3 then the touch stops working and no longer is recognized by the touch software. This also happens when playing a DVD after a couple seconds.

Why would the touch drop off like that with no return? I have a P2 350 with 256 MB RAM and built in video (8MB).

So confused.

Come on, no one has a guess?

it has no PS/2 port? If it does have one, what happens if you try it with a ps/2 mosue instead of a serial mouse? What if you run the touchscreen with the onboard serial port, and the mouse from the hub?

Does the touch screen die if you just keep the computer on but not running anything ?

What OS are you running?

Maybe it's giving up on the USB port..
          aka Kumaneko
          "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
          Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
          mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
          Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.