Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQCT Reception problems...

Hey Guys,

I have put the HQCT on my carputer and get terrible reception. I also added a FM booster and get around 70% reception but it still sounds like crap! Any ideas? I'm sure I'm not the first in this boat!

Get an HD Radio instead.

Comment

HD radio? Do tell me more!

Comment

Grab a Visteon HDZ300 and a cable from http://www.rush2112.net. It works with RoadRunner, Centrafuse, and StreetDeck, probably others as well. The reception is far superior to the HQCT units. It does digital radio as well as analog radio.

Comment

Will this do normal AM/FM stations. I'm in Melbourne, Australia and we don't have HD radio here yet!

Comment

Sorry - missed the bit where you said it did analog.
            So do I buy the Visteon HDZ300 get a cable from MJS and that connects it to the PC. I assume I don't use the head unit?

Comment

Originally posted by KOCHED View Post
              Will this do normal AM/FM stations. I'm in Melbourne, Australia and we don't have HD radio here yet!
              yes
              My opinion is my own.

Comment

So the Visteon HDZ300 is the way to go (over the HQCT module). Is the sound crystal clear from the HDZ300?

Comment

It is here, but I am not aware of anyone using it overseas, so I can't answer.
                  My opinion is my own.

Comment

Are you using yours analog or HD?

Comment

both....It recieves analog, and if the digital signal is strong enough, it switches automatically.
                      My opinion is my own.

Comment

Working...
                      X