Help power issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help power issues.

I have a new system I just installed and it will not boot I have the power wire as a 12ga.12ga ground with a good clean ground point and a good remote. Tested to check power at key on. The problem I am having is when I turn the key to run the pc waits 5 seconds like it should. Then you here the fans turn on but they surge. It will start to boot turn off and start over with surging fans. My set up is a m2atx psu with an Intel atom processor and a 250 gig hard drive it is also wired to run my screen a Lilliput 701 led. it does this with the screen plugged in or not.

HELP

Any body?

Comment

Let me take a stab....... How are the fans connected? Anything else connected like DVD, Hubs and or what not? Also the switch for the amps, is that a unit like the pac tr-4?
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
        Let me take a stabe....... How are the fans connected? Anything else connected like DVD, Hubs and or what not? Also the switch for the amps, is that a unit like the pac tr-4?
        No dvd hubs the only thing is the screen.

Comment

Also I unhooked the screen to see if that helped still the same thing.

Comment

How are the fans controlled? Through the Molex connector on the PSU, or the MoBo. In my experience, it is easier to power case fans through direct power. You wont have to worry about the fans drawing power from the PSU. This only applies though if your anal like me and have 8 total case fans. You say the fans surge, so it could be the fans are faulty? Remove them from the PSU and connect directly to the 12v power and see if the fans still surge and if the PC will start. Usually when something is not wired right or a irregular power spike the MoBo will constantly cycle boot untill what ever causes the problem is removed. What type of screen are you using? does it have its own car adapter.

Remove everything from you setup and start to connect each one by one including the amps, and switch. Power the screen through your cigarette lighter temporarily just to get it off the PSU, power the fans through direct 12V. Now that everything is disconnected, with only the MoBo being powered by the PSU, turn it on and try.
            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

^^^ agree with HiJack...

The M2's have a bad reputation...deservedly so!
              Double check the polarity of the mainboard switch at the jumper location. They are polarized, and I think it matters to the M2...

Comment

I have found the problem.When I put the cover on my case the hard drive presses on the cpu heatsink and will not let it boot up.

Comment

Just gotta say ouch at the case design/layout.... I can see alot of over heating coming that way.

It also helps to just have a spare desktop case or car battery to test every item on and see what happens. But in this case yea it was alittle design fault.
                  2004 Holden WL Caprice Auto GENIII
                  Base System = Raspberry Pi
                  Everything else is pending for now as switched from a Mini-ITX setup

Comment

I found a lower profile heat sink and fan setup that says it cools better and is a lot shorter so now I just have to wait on usps.

Comment

Working...
                    X