multiple displays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple displays

My pc has three DVI, and one VGA output connector. Now I'm getting ready to install 2 headrest monitors, and I'm looking for some ideas or suggestions.

Who has added two head rest monitors for the rear passengers, and how do you have it configured?

Is it connected to the PC and operational via Windows multi monitor support, having desktops identical to the dash mounted main screen?

Or are you using the yellow rca with a "Y" cable from a portable media a device?

What other connectivity options are there that I missed?

Check out my CARPC: Project Diamond Plate

Quick Reference:
    CPU Electrical Specs
    Power Supply Calculator

Video Connections for newbies
    Temperature Converter
    Voltage Calculator

I do have 2 headrest monitor in the back. They are getting their image from the TV-out of my VGA ATI card.

Idea is to upgrade both monitors to VGA ones. This because they give a MUTCH beter image then what I have now.

Both back screens are only use to show movies.All the rest is showed om my Touchscreen in the front.
    I manage this by telling Centrafuse to show my movies on Screen 2.
    But first I had to extend my monitor inside ATI configuration screen..

When system is not playing a mocie I get my desktop backscreen or visualitation on both back screens.
    Never the CF front menu.

Works great. (apart from the quality)
    Gods right foot!!

Renault Grand Espace 3.5 V6

Comment

Originally posted by seninha View Post
      I do have 2 headrest monitor in the back. They are getting their image from the TV-out of my VGA ATI card.

Idea is to upgrade both monitors to VGA ones. This because they give a MUTCH beter image then what I have now.

Both back screens are only use to show movies.All the rest is showed om my Touchscreen in the front.
      I manage this by telling Centrafuse to show my movies on Screen 2.
      But first I had to extend my monitor inside ATI configuration screen..

When system is not playing a mocie I get my desktop backscreen or visualitation on both back screens.
      Never the CF front menu.

Works great. (apart from the quality)
      Can you please share the details of the ATI card you are using and how did you fit it in the enclosure (what enclosure are you using. What is the height of the card once fully inserted in the PCI slot (measured from the motherbord top). I am also struggling to get my second monitor solution on D945GCLF2.

Comment

Originally posted by sdh View Post
        Can you please share the details of the ATI card you are using and how did you fit it in the enclosure (what enclosure are you using. What is the height of the card once fully inserted in the PCI slot (measured from the motherbord top). I am also struggling to get my second monitor solution on D945GCLF2.
        I use a ATI 7000 PCI card,here you can find it on ebay:

ATI PCI

As you can see it has a RCA TV-out. Before this one I tried to use an other card form Nvidia but this one had instead of RCA ,s-video (4 pins).
        Just could not make it work.

But whit this card, as soon as I started my system the bIOS image was showed on my headrest monitors.

To be able to show my movies in the back while I use NAV in the fornt I EXTENDED the desktop.

As you can see the card is not that high. I did dismantel the bracket so I could fit it inside my homemade case.
        Gods right foot!!

Comment

@seninha

I believe (i might be wrong) you pointed-out that using a PCI card bogged-down your start-up time so bad you removed it - how did you solve the problem or does it still exist?

I too want to have indipendent video in the back.
          OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
          Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
          Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
          BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
          M2-ATX Power Supply
          RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
          Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by seninha View Post
            I use a ATI 7000 PCI card,here you can find it on ebay:

ATI PCI

As you can see it has a RCA TV-out. Before this one I tried to use an other card form Nvidia but this one had instead of RCA ,s-video (4 pins).
            Just could not make it work.

But whit this card, as soon as I started my system the bIOS image was showed on my headrest monitors.

To be able to show my movies in the back while I use NAV in the fornt I EXTENDED the desktop.

As you can see the card is not that high. I did dismantel the bracket so I could fit it inside my homemade case.
            Thanks. One more question. Have you disabled the onboard graphics or using both.

Comment

I just disabled it as I only use the ATI VGA output for my touchscreen, and the RCA for the headrest monitors (using a splitter)
              Gods right foot!!

Comment

Differant trial

Hey all,

I am going to try the same thing but differantly:

going to try a usb to vga adaptor and usb to sound
                and use a program called VirtualBox that allows multiple os's at the same time this should allow me to be doing totaly differant things on each monitor with no conflict in sound or video (you can direct the os's to only use certain usb devices)
                Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                X