Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB flash drive disconnecting constantly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB flash drive disconnecting constantly?

My 4GB Sandisk flash drive holds all my music that I listen to in my car's computer. i usually never take it out, only to load it up once in awhile with new tunes. recently, it's been disconnecting like CRAZY, on-off-on-off-on etc very very rapidly. i hear the classic "bee-boop", "boo-beep" of windows recognizing a usb device more than i hear my music sometimes. why on earth would that be happening? could the computer not be giving the drive enough juice via a usb hub? The drive does use proprietary software but can be accessed without it. I appreciate anything you guys can come up with..

Try other port on your computer. Terminals colud be slighty bent, and not having contact.
    Slovenia, Europe
    best on-line radio

Comment

i already tried that. it seems to do it much less, although it still does. i've tried a 2GB version of the exact same disk (with no media on it) and that one as well does this.. i have even plugged it into the computer itself and not the USB hub that i normally use and it will still do this. i'm stumped so far!

Comment

Originally posted by ilikesound View Post
        i already tried that. it seems to do it much less, although it still does. i've tried a 2GB version of the exact same disk (with no media on it) and that one as well does this.. i have even plugged it into the computer itself and not the USB hub that i normally use and it will still do this. i'm stumped so far!
        The USB ports are not putting out enough power. The device will work, but then when the PC starts using power for other things or devices, there isnt enough anymore for the thumbdrive. Try connecting a powered hub and then plugging that into one of your onboard ports, once you do that, go ahead and plug the thumbdrive into the powered hub.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
        X