Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines going through the display

I finished my carputer No audio buzz...

although, I do have lines going through the display (tm-701l) when I boot up the computer. The screen looks perfect when the computer isn't on (the blue, 'no signal' display)...I'm not really sure what it could be. I tired different video cable, but it produced the same effect. Any ideas?

also what was that program that will strech my screen so it's not off centered?

Comment

Are they rolling lines? Like they move from top to bottom or bottom to top (I forget which)? If so I have the same problem. I'm guessing I need *better* sheilded video cable. Maybe.. any ideas?

Comment

and the answer to your second... TVTool

Comment

well I thought TVTool was only for nvidia chipsets...i have an ATI 7500 AIW

I tried monster (sheilded) cable...didn't help...and I guess you could say they are rolling from top to bottom, kinda hard to explain

Comment

TVTool is only for nvidia chipsets.. but I have an AIW that should be here tomorrow. I'll try it out and see what's possible but I don't know that anything is.

I have the same problem you do with the rolling lines and haven't figured it out yet. The only thing I CAN think of is that the LCD is grounded to a diferent spot than all of the rest of the hardware. All of the rest is mounted in the back and run to a common ground. The LCD is grounded properly... just at the (obviously) front of the car.

Comment

this is kinda weird...hasen't it happened to more people?

Comment

it happened to me ... had all kinda nasty lines .. and disturbance.. . dont know if the ground issue is your problem, but if so, i hope this could be some sort of a help .. (see picture below) .. ground VGA cards bracket to a good ground spot, a bolt or a screw in the chassi ... I did it... with the VGA, Motherboard, HDD, DVD-rom and PSU. .. before i did this, I had a problem with the sound, were the jack would have to be in a specific postion in the speaker jack on the soundcard, to not pick up any noise. Probably because it didnt get a good enough earth. This was the same with the VGA ... ..

it all worked like a champ after I earthed everything up

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks tons i'll give it a try

btw, you can adjust the moniter position through the tvout options...

i didn't have the option before, but i unistalled the display / control center drivers...then reinstalled the newest ones

Comment

didn't help much :/

Comment

strange... hmm.. the ground point.. is it the same as the ground that the inverter / dc-dc psu has? ground EVERYTHING you could come up with... ... now you've only grounded your VGA card ? Right? .. well.... i dont think maybe bad grounding is your issue any longer.. hmmm

sorry for not beeing any help

Richard
                      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

to this ground point, I have grounded the following

1) amp (kenwood, for subs)
                        2) psu
                        3) motherboard
                        4) inverter
                        5) video card

should I ground the hdd? just tap into one of the two black wire that goes to the HD...is that how you do it?

Comment

I found out today what was my problem.. The thing was, that the DVD-rom was monted elsewhere then all the other stuff.. this made the two components (dvd-rom and carputer) to have a different diffrencial .. (different ground) .. this picked up my noise... .. do you have any thing similiar ? a cd - dvd rom mounted anywhere :P .. ground the HDD ? .. if its mounted on the chassi, then that shouldnt be nessasry... dunno .. sorry

Richard
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

now that you say it, i have my valentine 1 hardwired and grounded at the front of my car...

thanks for the idea, i'll give it a try

Comment

there u go dude
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X