Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I automate .BAT files and how do I jide them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I automate .BAT files and how do I jide them?

I just recently bought a USB relay. It came with two .BAT files. One is used to turn on the relay and the other is used to turn off the relay. I am wondering how I can automate these files so that when I log into Windows, it will start the relay, then when I log out (hibernate), it stops the relay. I have tried using Hibernate Trigger, which turns it off, but will not turn it back on. Its like the PC ignores the activation of that file during start up.

Another issue is when these files are activated, a DOS CMD screen comes up. Is there any way to make them disappear or hidden. I have tried going into the properties to select hidden, but I don't seem to find it. Anyone have any other ideas?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

You can run the .bat with minimized specified in the shortcut properties...
    I dunno how to get it to run from resume though...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by WuNgUn View Post
      You can run the .bat with minimized specified in the shortcut properties...
      I dunno how to get it to run from resume though...sorry.
      I dont see that option under properties.... you mean something similar to CF like -advsettings.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Try going into the task scheduler. I dont think it is possible to trigger actions under XP's task scheduler when hibernating, but it is possible under Vista. To do it under Vista, make a new task and have the trigger as "on an event." Then you have to find out which event is run when the computer hibernates/resumes. To do that, just put the computer into hibernation, then go to the event log and see which event ran.

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          I dont see that option under properties.... you mean something similar to CF like -advsettings.
          Sorry...I mean, make a shortcut to the bat file, and in the shortcut properties, there should be an option to run minimized...

Comment

Working...
          X