Can someone help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help?

Can some one help me? I just bought this LCD monitor off ebay(THINKPAD 760E 760ED 760XD 12.1" LCD W/INVERTER) and I need to know how to get it hooked up in my car. I also want to put my PS2 in as well. I need to know where and what kind of controller card to get. I have seen some at earthlcd.com but thiers is $400. Does anyone know where I can get one for cheeper? Also I need help on how to power them up. I want to go the DC-DC way. Can some one help me out? Is their anything else I need to get these things running? I need to get these installed...I'm going on a trip and I want the entertainment!

Thanks

Hey.. Sorry to break it to ya but this is going to take some work.. The video signal connector on these are impossible to find cables for (at a reasonable price, or these have been my findings so far.. If you find someone that has the a premade cable for cheap, tell me!! hehe).. If I remember correctly, its a 40pin extremeley small connector (even smaller than the famous DF9 hirose series). Its like the connectors on the back of the laptop CD/DVD rom drives cept only 40 pins.. You can use most controllers that have 6bit RGB with this screen but the cable to go inbetween the LCD and controller will be difficult.. You'll need to get a computer/card with video-in capabilities to hookup your PS2.. As for power, for PS2 you can get inverter I suppose if you don't wanna hack it open, but for the controller it wlil only be either +12 or +5, and not much current so you can prob just use a linear chip to get that..

Jason

Comment

Note, never buy laptop screens before you do your homework.

There are much cheaper or better routes
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

So u are saying that I can use a pc card and have it work? How is that? Doesn't the card need power?

Comment

The pci card provides the power for the screen, but the backlight might need more power.

The problem is finding a card that is compatable.
          Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
          Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
          '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

So you can use a pci card in a car without the computer itself?

Comment

No, if its a PCI card, you'll need a computer. possibly, you might be able to find a converter that will convert composite video into the screen, but i dont really know if such a thing would exist (i dont think it does).
              Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
              Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
              '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

you guys have more patience then I do!!!
                BossTone74

Comment

Working...
                X