steering wheel controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering wheel controls

sorry if this isnt the right place to post. but im building mycarpc and there is one important aspect i forgot. steering wheel controls, its all i use and using the factory HU is out of the question. i know i read somewhere about someone doing it but ive searched and cant find a thing. any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI its a mazda3s 2.3l 2004. THANKS!

guys i know someone here has to know... wish people would stop ignoring my posts

Comment

pac swix with a ehome ir receiver turn off debounce and program it with a mce remote also turn global controls in win amp

Comment

i have a 08 civic and it does work well

Comment

no thnx

Comment

you can wire it to a usb controller and use girder.
            Acer Netbook with 160hdd and 1.60 Ghtz atom - to be installed

Comment

Or you can buy a cheap USB keypad, open it up and rewire it to your exsisting controls. I assume your using a front end? If so, most will allow you to use hot keys, you simply map the keypad to those. Its a very cheap solution, but takes so modding.

PS: no one is ignoring you, it just takes time for us to answer since we are not on here 24/7.
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

well sorry, just seems like it. i have a few other threads i have 0 replies on. for months now. so what do you expect me to think?

Comment

Originally posted by krillik View Post
                  well sorry, just seems like it. i have a few other threads i have 0 replies on. for months now. so what do you expect me to think?
                  LOL, during this part of the year the forums usually slow down. It also depends on the topic you are bringing up. If its something that has been covered alot, theyu will ignore because it will seem like your being lazy and not using search. It could also be that people dont know a solution or just are not interested in answering. Ive had it happen to me alot, especially when it comes to the strange ideas I have which require hugeeeeeeeeee modding of my car.

Anyways, I think the USB keypad would be a cheap and easy way. Once you take it appart the controller for the keypad is very small, id say about the size of 3 quarters side by side and as thin as a quarter. I am actually doing the same project, but my steering wheel didnt come with controls so I am making mine into my driver side arm rest.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

just another option...you can look into fusion brain. there's plenty of information about using fusion brain on this forum: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fusion-brain/

Comment

I'm trying to sort out the same thing on my VW.
                      I've pretty much determined I'm going to have to do the keyboard-rewiring method too unless I can find something that connects to the CAN BUS and simulates key presses on a keyboard (yeah right).

Comment

Originally posted by sectorz View Post
                        I'm trying to sort out the same thing on my VW.
                        I've pretty much determined I'm going to have to do the keyboard-rewiring method too unless I can find something that connects to the CAN BUS and simulates key presses on a keyboard (yeah right).
                        I think there is such a device, i'll try to find it for you...... Thing is, with the software it has to emulate a key press, so basically its like having a middle man which to me can lead to problems. With the keypad your just modifing the button.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

^ a keypad doesnt work if its controlled by voltage, not separate wires. since a controller has joysticks, it can be done. not sure how his controls work though.
                          Acer Netbook with 160hdd and 1.60 Ghtz atom - to be installed

Comment

jeez, we don't work for you.
                            If we reply, be thankful. If we don't, that's not our fault.

I personally would use pic if the steering wheel is resistive type. Although it's not anywhere near instant solution.
                            dsatx in voompc 2 case <HERE>

Comment

@ krillik, Can this be useful for you? http://www.rcjoycon.com/
                              ----------------------
                              Honda City

Comment

Working...
                              X