It's ALIVE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ALIVE!

Well, after spending all day working outside in the rain, I finally have it working. Now all I have to do is tidy up a bit. Gotta put the glove box back on, reinstall the trim on the door, and probably wrap the wires in some sort of protective cover. So, here's my setup: Epia M 9K, OPUS P/S, Caseoutlet slimline case and DVD/CDROM, and a 20GB HD. The display is a Datalux 12.1" touchscreen. For those interested in the case, it's really really really tight inside. I'll try to post a pic - hope it works.

NICE

nice job man

Comment

OK... newbie here... dumb questions
      1. I read that epia-m has problems with opus ps. How do you get around this?
      2. Where does the monitor draws its power from? Plugged to opus ps? epia?
      Please reply coz I'm thinking of buying these hardwares for my first carputer project. Thanks
      Brushed Metal Skin
      http://www.geocities.com/febsperanza]
      MIA at the moment
      [please email me instead of pm]

Comment

Originally posted by febsperanza
        OK... newbie here... dumb questions
        1. I read that epia-m has problems with opus ps. How do you get around this?
        2. Where does the monitor draws its power from? Plugged to opus ps? epia?
        Please reply coz I'm thinking of buying these hardwares for my first carputer project. Thanks
        1. Opus has fixed their supplies to work with it now.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

wow, nice job. do us all a big favor though...shrink the picture size down. even on broadband its slow to load. thanks.
          2004 F-150
          Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
          "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Originally posted by RaZor
            wow, nice job. do us all a big favor though...shrink the picture size down. even on broadband its slow to load. thanks.
            Loaded in less than a second for all 3 here
            [H]4 Life
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

likewise

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
                likewise
                Always nice to see detail as well.
                [H]4 Life
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Thanks everybody - didn't turn out too bad for a first timer. Sorry about the large pics - tried to make them smaller, but lost the detail. The monitor draws its power from the OPUS - it's all one self contained unit. I'm thinking about cutting some more area out of the HD bracket. I seem to be getting some heat issues.

Comment

awesome setup. i can only dream of getting such a compact one.

wont you need some insulation around your HD mod though? in the pictures it looks like the drive may short onto the case if you go over a bumpy road?

just a thought....

Comment

Nah, it's engineered (ha!) so that it won't do that. The area under the HD is wide open, and at the flimsy part, there's the ATX cable from the OPUS wedged up against it. It's actually being pushed up out of the tabs holding it to the case. My biggest problem right now is heat - the box itself sits right on top of a heater vent, which is easily plugged. Passengers in the back don't need heat anyway. I wish there was a way to monitor the CPU temp from XP - I know the bios does it. Had it at 125 F after 3.5 hours.

Comment

get Motherboard monitor:
                        http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
                        it will read the temperature of the case and cpu (as long as your motherboard supports it), and it has support for almost every motherboard that can monitor temps.
                        Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
                        Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
                        '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

Working...
                        X