New 1.6 Atom motherboard only 4"x4"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1.6 Atom motherboard only 4"x4"

Just found this, its the motherboard for the new FitPC2. There selling just the motherboard for $264+ depending on options. It has a 6-18v DC input that the manufacture clams will work strait from a cars 12VDC. Its fanless so you need to heatsinc it.

Looks like a great Pico-ITX substitute to me for the money.
    Just thought I'd share.
    Brian-

Here is the link:
    http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2/htm...-datasheet.htm

Link to the prices:
    http://www.compulab.co.il/fitpc2/htm...2-sb-price.htm

I'd rock it.
    Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2

Comment

Not bad this would've been perfect for installing the pc in my dash...... Oh well.. To much cooler stuff comes out after u already spend the money on the other stuff.
      ~The Build Process Begins~
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/newb...you-think.html

~The Build Process Ends~
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...completed.html

Comment

wish this was out before i wasted my time with the Artigo (pico-itx). it was too slow for my secondary display multimedia needs. it would be so easy to hide the FitPC2 enclosure. my current 1.6ghz eeepc has been more than adequate.
        2007 Mini Cooper eee PC worklog

Comment

I might get one to build a new Carputer setup given the price and size.

Comment

Think this is what i've been looking for. Nice. Thanks.
            CarPC: Mini-MAC Coming Soon!

Comment

These don't seem to be any cheaper than the full FitPC2 units themselves, casing and all. Am I missing something here?
              Tidder

Try RevFE
              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I don't think you missing anything. Its just easier and a little cheaper because you don't have to disasemble the case, pay for XP if you don't need it etc. Thats asumming its going in a home made double-din rig or something.
                Just my thoughts....

Comment

I think I'm missing something. That's not cheaper, it's more expensive for what you get. Pay an extra $20 (For the full FitPC2) you get a case, power supply, hard disk, not to mention usb connectors (to attach to the motherboard headers. Though that price does not come with XP. That's an extra $40 on top of that, but you don't have to get it.

Basically, the board itself is $20 cheaper but you lose more than $60 worth of other parts?
                  "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                  RevFE
                  My Shop

Comment

does anyone have any experience with a FitPC2? how does it run vista?
                    no serial ports and no sound over HDMI!!

Comment

The motherboards are for sale but the FitPC2 is not out until next month they say. The website and there forums say the box would run base vista OK but would gag running full vista with all bells and whistles.

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
                        I think I'm missing something. That's not cheaper, it's more expensive for what you get. Pay an extra $20 (For the full FitPC2) you get a case, power supply, hard disk, not to mention usb connectors (to attach to the motherboard headers. Though that price does not come with XP. That's an extra $40 on top of that, but you don't have to get it.

Basically, the board itself is $20 cheaper but you lose more than $60 worth of other parts?
                        True, I guess I was only looking at it from my needs (maxed out options). The FitPC2 is $400 with all hardware options but force you to get XP. The motherboard with all hardware options is $350 something.

Comment

Yeah, $350, as opposed to $330 from that website. Just thinking it's silly to save $20 to NOT get a hard drive or output options.
                          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                          RevFE
                          My Shop

Comment

Oww..
                            Forgot about the fitpc2 coming with a harddrive. As a rule I only use SSD.

Comment

Sechsi. That's all I can really say. I'll probably go for something like this next time I do a CarPC.
                              FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
                              My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Working...
                              X