No announcement yet.

in-dash pull-out laptop drawers?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in-dash pull-out laptop drawers?

I saw in one of turboCAD's posts that he'd designed/bought/built a pull out drawer for a friends Escalade...went searching on the net and couldn't find anything else like it.

Is that just an untapped market or do only weirdo's like me obsess about having something like that?

I have an 06 scion XB I'd love to hide a laptop in..

Might help if you explain to us what it is. We don't read minds.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard

2005 Honda Civic

I wanted a pullout drawer for my system, but never could find anything to use to make it work the way I wanted it to so I gave up on the idea and built an enclosure.
      2004 F150 STX Heritage:
      ASUS E35M1-I Fusion AMD 1.6GHz DC ~$114
      Patriot 32GB SSD ~$80
      Kingston 4GB ~$25
      1/2" MDF - ~$15
      10" Samsung touch panel - ~270
      M2 Power Supply $85
      GPS Receiver ~ $36
      iGuidance ~100

I've thought about it, since i have to build a custom dash for my Subaru Brumby (Brat).
        If i do build one, it'll be a Netbook keyboard on a custom tray and slider so it tilts down about 20 degrees when it's fully pulled out.

Also have it angled down slightly when it slides back in so it doesn't open by itself.

Ya I was thinking it'd be cool if there was room to have a netbook tray so you can slide it in and out of the way when not needed and pull it out when you want. Oh and still easily take the netbook with you inside somewhere