Wiring for MoBo F_panel headers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for MoBo F_panel headers.

Well I did all the wiring for my install, or most of it, but I ran into a issue. For the front driver door I ran 2 ethernet cables, thats 16 wires total on the inside. I am technically missing one wire, but its a mission to add more. It took almost an hour per door. Here is the layout.

Ethernet 1

2 for PC Selection (+/-)
    2 for PC 2 ON/OFF (+/-)
    3 for Stereo Audio (+/+/-)
    1 open

Ethernet 2

2 for camera power (12V/Ground)
    2 for I/R lamps (12V/Ground)
    2 for Video signal (+/-)
    2 for power of main PC (+/-)

Basically I am missing one wire strand for the reset button. I was wondering if I can combine any of them.... Like maybe combine the ground for the camera ground and I/R lamp ground? Wonder if that would be safe? Are there any others you guys can see I can combine. I dont think I can combine any of the button grounds right?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

You can ground the camera and IR lamps together if you want. Make sure the wire is thick enough to run that much power though! You shouldnt be pushing more than a few hundred mA through such small wiring.
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Originally posted by colin View Post
      You can ground the camera and IR lamps together if you want. Make sure the wire is thick enough to run that much power though! You shouldnt be pushing more than a few hundred mA through such small wiring.
      That was my thought also..... I am going to run seperate wires for the power for the camera and LED lamp.... Everything else can go on the ethernet. Like Video, audio and buttons. If I do it that way I also have enough room for a mic for the driver side mirror.
      Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1X 7 inch motorized Screen
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
      X