Volume control on SB Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume control on SB Live

I'm using SB Live in my player and I noticed that it has three pins for volume control:

(Thank's to Arby's site for the picture!)
    Now,how do I use them? Do I have to connect a potentiometer to these points? Someone brought up the issue,but there wasn't clear answer.Did someone do it?

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Dima ]
    Enjoint life!

you need to hook momentary switches to em.
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

The same contacts are available on the Vibra 16 card. There are some other components missing also (two 10uF capacitors are needed on the virba 16). I dont know if these components are missing in the SB Live.

Comment

My Sound Blaster Live + mp-3 5.1 also has a volume ctrl, but there are atual posts soldered on to the board instead of just points shown on the pic. Looks as though I can just insert a cnnetor directly to the card. I am wondering if I could just run some wires directly to the dash and just plug the switches in. Does anyone have a schematic no how these switches should be wired? It seems as though with 3 contacts, it's gonna be something like two switches which share a common ground/connection.
        Gabriel M. Castillo
        Satellite Systems Analyst
        USAF

Comment

I remember seeing a webpage somewhere about this, use Google, you ought to be able to find it. IIRC, it really is two pins + common ground. You close the contact between pin & ground to move the volume up/down.
          Custom Linux system on an '89 VW GTI 16V Edition One
          Jogdial volume control, Sony joystick, IR remote...
          Used to be the fastest Linux on the road, until all these NOS types came along...

Comment

Someone here did it. I found the post, but the linked picture isn't there anymore, and I don't remember which pin does what

anyway, you need two momentary switches. One is volume up, one is volume down, and holding down both is mute/unmute. I don't remember which pin is which, so you'll have to solder some pins on there and mess around
            www.arbybean.com

Comment

please if u figure it out can u post how to do it, also would it be possible to have a dial knob for the volume in this way ?

Comment

not unless you make a rotatry pulse thingy or something like that.

I'm gonna do it eventually, but it ain't gonna be easy.
                www.arbybean.com

Comment

These pages have the pins and layouts, the second site has a bunch of other sound blaster mods as well, the volume mod is found under the circular gray buttons on the left

http://atlas.hemmet.chalmers.se/live...page.php?id=20

http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/andreessen/837/

topperge

Comment

Thanx!
                    Enjoint life!

Comment

one site says there is no pin2 and to use pin4 for both grounds, the other says use pin2 for volume down gorund and pin4 for volume up ground. suppose it wouldnt matter anyway.

Arby is there some kind of way of explaining how to use this on as a jog dial or is it too complicated.

Comment

Working...
                      X