2 mice at the same time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 mice at the same time

is it possible to use 2 mice at the same time ie; a ps2 mouse and a usb mouse. I ask cuz i wanna use the corded (ps2) mouse when i am using my pc but when i am using the 61" tv screen for web surfing/unreal/movies i wanna use the cordless (usb) mouse without having to unplug/reboot. Also i dont wanna use a ps/2 switch cuz that would probably entail a reboot whichi am trying to avoid. Thanks in advance

and to all you naysayers, YES i have tried the search function LOL

yes you can have multiple pointing devices connected simultaneously.

You must ensure that only one device is moving at any given time, or they will fight for control of the mouse cursor.

Comment

Originally posted by digitallexus
      yes you can have multiple pointing devices connected simultaneously.

You must ensure that only one device is moving at any given time, or they will fight for control of the mouse cursor.
      Heh, that sounds really drastic "You must ensure." And I've had more than two mice connected to my machine (ps2 generic, usb intellimouse, and was testing a evolution sideways mouse), and moving more than one would just cause the cursor to skip around. Im too easily amused, but syncronized mousing was amusing (one mouse in each hand ).
      -Nick

Comment

no, their movements will combine, and the people will fight for control. the computer will still be fine
        I don't need no stinkin' startup-shutdown controller... That's what journalized filesystems are for...
        NavSys, the ultimate navigation app
        http://www.navsys.org/

Comment

hey how about this? .. 2 mices and 2 mousepointers.. ?

that would be cool

Richard
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

synchronised mousing, sounds like a new olympic sport. points will be given for originality, synchronization, and technical difficulty.

extra points will be given for use of a gyro 3d mouse or use of an IBM laptop fingertip ointing device, ie :the little rubber eraser in the middle of my keyboard (as someone once described it)

on a serious note thanks for the replies

Comment

Originally posted by MP3Van2003
              extra points will be given for use of a gyro 3d mouse or use of an IBM laptop fingertip ointing device, ie :the little rubber eraser in the middle of my keyboard (as someone once described it)
              Nipple, NIPPLE! ..or tit as some other ppl have described it
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X