Does CD Changer Input not work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does CD Changer Input not work?

I'm trying to find a diagram for my stock stereo that will allow me to hook up my carputer with my cd changer interface on the back of the stereo. There is a section for this in the members car, but when you do a search for this there are NO cars that have done this. Is this an impossible thing to do? Why hasn't someone else done this yet? Just curious cause if I can get it to work through my Changer Interface rather than a FM Modulator is should sound better I would think. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
    OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
    www.whipflash.com
    Finally a new Avatar!

This depends entirely on the head unit. Some stock ones are made by major stero manufacturers and adapters are available commercialy. Generally information for the connectors is very hard to find

Comment

I have done it.

My head unit is a Sony, though, so I needed to get the XA-107 (I think) adapter to do it. But anyway, it works.

Comment

Great thanks. I'm in contact with a company that makes a aftermarket cd changer for Nissan Stereos. They also make just the cable, I have asked them if it is possible to connect it to the output of my computer for the sake of having audio input on the CD Changer Controls.
        OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
        www.whipflash.com
        Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

is this for the bose stereo? I've got an infiniti qx4 and am investigating input options... fm mod sounds horrible.
          1998 Infiniti QX4

Comment

Working...
          X