Is this a good setup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good setup?

Hey, I have put together a small list of the hardware I am looking to get. Anyone have any suggestions for changes in this setup so far? Any ideas welcome... Thanks!

BOARD/CPU
    Via Epia M10000 G 1GHZ up to 1GB of RAM

PSU
    M1-ATX 90 Watt - Smart Automotive Power Supply

LAPTOP DRIVE
    Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BEVT 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive OEM

MEMORY
    Crucial 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Desktop Memory Model CT12864Z335

I already have my screen and know the interface I want to use. The PC hardware is by far the hardest part. Also, let me know if you have any suggestions for a good enclosure, and if you recommend I add a CD drive or just use USB to install the OS. Thanks again guys!

It's older hardware. The M10000 board is roughly the equivalent of a P3 in terms of performance. It's no speed demon.

The M10000 doesn't have SATA ports, so you'd need to rethink your HDD choice.
    Also, if you intend on using a notebook HDD, you'll need the notebook to IDE adapter.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Change mobo to Intel atom dual core performance your suggestion VW my suggestion Porsche turbo carrera get the idea!!! Cost difference maybe 40 dollars if that

Comment

Thanks guys. I was concerned about getting a board that sucked up too much power. So I need to find a board with SATA ports for any laptop HDD?

And how do I tell the size of the PSU I'll need if I increase the power of the PC?

Comment

Originally posted by mmayn412 View Post
          Thanks guys. I was concerned about getting a board that sucked up too much power. So I need to find a board with SATA ports for any laptop HDD?

And how do I tell the size of the PSU I'll need if I increase the power of the PC?
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advfaq.php
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mmayn412 View Post
              LMFAO, Thats funny.

As for hardware, I agree, dont use the M10000, I had that and it almost made me give up on Car PCs. Go with a INTEL ATOM with dual cores.
              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
              4X MK808b
              3x Perixx Touchpads
              3x 7 inch Screens
              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
              X