Soldering directly to ide connection?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering directly to ide connection?

I'm using an old laptop and it just barely won't fit where I need it to because the ide connector sticks out about a cm too far with the cable plugged in. So I was thinking that if I could solder directly to the MoBo rather than using a plug, it might fit. Has anyone done this or anything like it before. I know it would be hard (maybe impossible) and take forever but it'd be worth it instead of using a usb connection. Any advice?

Originally posted by tagaiz View Post
    I'm using an old laptop and it just barely won't fit where I need it to because the ide connector sticks out about a cm too far with the cable plugged in. So I was thinking that if I could solder directly to the MoBo rather than using a plug, it might fit. Has anyone done this or anything like it before. I know it would be hard (maybe impossible) and take forever but it'd be worth it instead of using a usb connection. Any advice?
    if your talking about the 3.5 pullg that you stick your cable into. mine on my radio was busted awhile back so i took and torn off the plastic pieces carefully and hooked strait to the sliver rods that connected to the faceboard.
    im guessing that a mobo would be the same. i also covered the area in hotglue after so it didnt get ripped out easy.. good luck

Comment

Working...
    X