I had to wait 16 years, but someone finally made one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to wait 16 years, but someone finally made one

Remember that nifty watch that Micheal Knight had in Knight Rider? You know, the one that he used to talk to KITT?

I asked Santa for one when I was 6, and finally someone has made one.
    http://www.xactcommunication.com/about.asp

It lists for $50 on the website, but Wal*Mart has them for $30.
    Gimme a couple of years (to get a car that works, and put the PC in it) and I WILL have Voice activation through my watch, dammit.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

22 Channels:
    Channels 1-14 FRS
    Channels 15-22 GMRS

Hm looks kinda plastic,but $30 aint bad. Where are they located in walmart? I might have to look at one for the hell of it

Comment

That's way pimp. For $30, I would figure out a way to hook it up to the car pc. I was reading some guy's web site where he used 2-way radios to get feedback/control his automated house. Granted, it's "illegal" (FCC says 2-way radios have to be used between 2 real ppl) and there's a chance that someone else can control your stuff but it's still cool. Otherwise, it seems kinda handy for when you're hiking/skiing. The problems (FAQ) seem to bother me tho...perhaps we should wait for a objective review?

Nice find BTW.
      No Carputer YET.
      A car I'm designing...

Comment

Here in starkville, they are located in the electronics section where all the other FRS radios are, near the computer stuff section.
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I know it's kinda old...

If anyone's still looking, I found a usb adapter for $50 at best buy next to the frs radios that's set up to allow you to patch into voip through a pair of frs radios (one for you and one for the computer) how's that for remote start/stop possibilities? Or asking your gps software where it is when your girlfriend 'borrows' your car... Cheap way to ad a security/tracking system.

Comment

$9.99 on Ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Act-WristLin...QQcmdZViewItem
            Post # 3000

Comment

I will wait another 3 years and it will be free with a cup of coffe at starbucks.

Guerra,

Thanatos.
              RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
              We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

All you need is to connect the headphone out on the radio to the mic in on the soundcard and possibly use navivoice

I think before I do I may buy some new radios......
                Attached Files
                Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Originally posted by Filip
                  Granted, it's "illegal" (FCC says 2-way radios have to be used between 2 real ppl)

Umm...huh? there are LOTS of 2-way applications that have computers on one or both ends of the line. One that comes to mind is the taxi dispatch system for our cab company, with a computer at the dispatch center and a computer in the cab.

Comment

yeah but they pay a stonking big licence fee.

cheap pmr is just for that, pmr, and low power, and shovelling data down a carrier can cause much more spurious bleed into other channels than voice, hence they dont want fsckwits doing it, so its not allowed.
                    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Working...
                    X