Unidentified usb FM tuner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified usb FM tuner

Can somebody help me identify thisd FM tuner. I would like to know if somebody uses this tuner and if it's compatible with RR. Maybe it's SiLabs based ?
    Attached Files
    My install: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...03-2005-a.html

Its PCear
    yeh its based on silabs and works with rr
    HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

Great news, i will get one right away. Very friendly price Any experience with this tuner, does it work ok, any problems ?

Comment

works ok in house but not in car ( like silabs )
        i messed mine up trying to solder the car aerial
        now im messing with brando's one - getting the same reception
        hoping to get it as good as possible soon ( trying some different stuff like grounding etc.. )

don't get your hopes up reception wise..
        HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

I will solder a antenna connector and connect a car arial, soldering isn't a problem.

@Madboy
          Where are you from ? Maybe i can fix your broken SiLabs i am an electronics engeneer and I have been using a soldering ironf from my early youth

Comment

im from israel , sending it back and forth would cost probably as much as buying a new one

soldering isn't a problem for me either
            the problem was that after my soldering the ground hole and signal point was bridged
            and in my attempts to unbridge it , it probably ruined the pcb
            now i get almost no signal , and no effect when connecting an antenna
            the funny thing that its still good for home use

from what i gathered using this and the brando one
            signal is not the problem
            in my house i get perfect recption even when its on 20 ( at the silabstest program )
            in the car even at 40 i can't recieve something usable

the problem is grounding
            i need to try connecting the grounding to different places ( some use the outer usb connector but it did no effect for me )

if it will work for you it would be great if you would contact me or something , cuz i really like to have reasonable fm reception without spending on hqct / hd

thanks

Comment

I will get one this week and test it in the car, i will post my results here when ready.

Comment

Got the receiver and tested with original antenna and an external one and the reception is not very good. Maybe it's my antenna. For now i will stick with AverTV usb wich has very good reception with included antenna.

Comment

Just a guess, but could it be the PLL is having problems locking because of all the noise in the car's power lines? Perhaps a power filter or just a battery would be able to get it more reasonable? Not too hard to try I suppose.
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Hi Djole501,

With which application ( I mean radio e.g. radiator ect.) are you using your avermedia stick, i got the same one, but radiator does not recognize it !
                    ----------------------
                    Honda City

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                      Just a guess, but could it be the PLL is having problems locking because of all the noise in the car's power lines? Perhaps a power filter or just a battery would be able to get it more reasonable? Not too hard to try I suppose.
                      I have tried it outside the car also (at home) and i could only receive 3 stations. I have grounded the antenna on the usb ground.

Originally posted by sviyer View Post
                      Hi Djole501,

With which application ( I mean radio e.g. radiator ect.) are you using your avermedia stick, i got the same one, but radiator does not recognize it !
                      I use the AverTV application with a "custom" made screen in RR and elite lite skin. I have cut out the area where avertv windows should be, making it visible trough RR and i control it with RR buttons and SENDKEY command.

Comment

I have received one of these just yesterday. the signal quality is very very bad. I can not try it at home because I have Vista at home. I do not recommend anyone to purchase it.
                        There is nothing impossible in the world :-)

Comment

ok my story has changed now:-D there is not any wrong with this USB fm receiver. first I noticed that it receives and plays stations exactly same as factory stereo when I take antenna off the stereo so it was clear that pcear doesn't have good antenna. all I did is that I strip the pcear antenna cable and connect it to car antenna then eventually signal quality became perfect and it played the station without any noise.
                          There is nothing impossible in the world :-)

Comment

Hey, just wondering if this device outputs data to the computer via the USB. Does anybody know about it? Or does it just use the USB power?

Comment

Working...
                            X