hard drive vs vibrations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard drive vs vibrations

http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=020854

what do you think???
    asus p5a-b, amd k6II-350, audigy, asus dvd-rom, 192MB, 20GB, noritake LCD...

I do not think the vibrations will do a thing.... In my experience the orientation of the drive does not matter.

I have read that some people are concerned about the EM field the speaker magnets have could be an issue.

There is my 2 cents
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

all depends where the sub is. I'd say you'd be fine. A harddrive can take a a big time beating and still keep on working. If you are really worried get a laptop drive.. but jus tmount it vertically and you should be ok.
      '98 Explorer Sport
      http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
      AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
      80% done

Comment

the sub is a kicker L715 in a 4.5 cube ported enclosure tuned to 25hz... fed by a JBL P600.1...

Comment

case is already all built with hd mounted vertically...

Comment

It really all comes down to the tollerances of the hd and just exactly the sub is putting out. The threshold for vibration (sinewave) damage is only about .5g while operational, where as they can usually take 50+g operational shocks (2ms).
            -Nick

Comment

Oreintation of the drive does not matter nearly as much as some claim.... over 3 years in service and the drive I am using makes a small whine at startup in cold temps.... that is it. Denver roads are rough.
              TruckinMP3
              D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
              X