mobo with sb live onboard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobo with sb live onboard!

thought this was kinda cool. i ordered one so i'll let yall know how it goes. www.tigerdirect.com/blasterpc
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

I already have one in my car. The radio section kinda sucks. Doesn't have good reception. I wouldn't use it. Other than that it's excellent for it's price. I tried all kinds of things to it. Oh make sure you update the bios. It gets rid to the logo. If you are planning to stick with the Creative lab softwares, the remote if excellent. Let me know if you want to hack the master volume. I know how. Minds running 800mhz(slot 1), I had a 850mhz(slot 1) but didn't work. don't know why. Also you can make a case out of the metal board that the mobo is mounted to. That's how mind is. Let me know if you want to try. I know almost everything about the board through trial and tribuations. Let me know if you have any questions.
    66 Mustang

Comment

got a web page? what volume hack? im sure i'll have a billion questions when i get the board

Comment

Sorry, no web page yet. I'm working on it. There is a master volume control that comes on the case. It's a big rotory nobe in front of the case. If you want a mute, volume up and down in the car, you can hook up a toggle and any momentary switches to work these functions. The switches can plug right on to the mobo. Now, you can have master volume control right up front by the driver seat. Works great. You'll see when you get your mobo.
        66 Mustang

Comment

what brand m/b is it, i cant find it on their site? i think their main site is down or something?

Comment

It's called M003 motherboard with creative sound blaster live! onboard. I don't really know who makes it. In the Declaration of Conformity section, it states Manufacturer's name as Creative Technology Ltd. And model # M003. The owner's manual for the board is pretty good. It describes every part of the mobo, including the Bios settings.

Just for everyones info. The setup cost $150 which include Sound Blaster live on the mobo (82440BX AFPset chipset), 1 agp, 4 pci, 2 isa, 2 dimmslots, up to 900Mhz slot 1, ATX powersupply, midtower case, FM radio board (not that good), remote, infared receiver (SBIrDA), master volume on the case, and the usual stuff.
            66 Mustang

Comment

hey sam,
              can you send me the volume hack? thaks man. also could you send any other infor you have about this beast. how long is your boot time? even with fast boot enabled it still checks my ram which sucks big eggs. thanks man

Comment

Hey, here's the hack for the master volume:

Vol Con
                1 2 3 4
                x x x x x x x x x x x
                x x x x x x x x x x x

When you look at the Mobo kinda upside down, there are 3 pins use for volume. Reference it to page 2-2 of your manual. I labled it 1234. All you have to do is connect 1 and 2 gives you volume up, 1 and 4 give you volume down, 1, 2, and 4 gives you mute. 3 is not used. Just connect some wires to the pins and try it out. You won't damage anything if you are just playing with those three pins.

I'm running winME and takes about 30 second for cold boot. I know what you mean about the ram testing. Can't really do anying about that. Only thing you could do to speed up boot time would be setting the HD configuration so it bios doesn't auto detect.

one other thing, if you are running WinMe, the board doesn't support hibernation.

Any other questions let me know.
                66 Mustang

Comment

ok my cold boot time is 55 seconds for bios only! arghhh. could you maby email me with your system specs and bios settings. thanks loads man! my email is [email protected]

Comment

lol 55sec for bios boot.....get rid off that mb
                    abcd-1
                    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Working...
                    X