Webcam for pron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam for pron

looking for a webcam, with sound, but I want one where the sound goes via USB, I have no 3.5mm audio in etc.

No other bodge will do, I know i could open the pc, connect to the CD audio or whatever but its not that kind of pc....

Does anyone use such a beast or know of one, I had one, its broken....

Reason: Proncam, no, its so I can watch the drive etc via the web, keep an eye on my wonderful car, its pure pron....

And if i cant see the car, I know someone has robbed me and stolen the pc....
    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Any $10 Logitech webcam from Staples? I have a bunch sitting in a box with microphones built into them.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

do they have a model number ?

Comment

If you can't see the cam, then they may have only stolen the cam. Why not just constantly check the PC connection? It might kill your battery to leave it on depending on what power requirements you have. Ebay has lots of cameras and they'll all say if they have audio. Of course Logitec makes the best though. (QuickCam Pro, QuickCam for Notebooks, Fusion, ...)

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
          If you can't see the cam, then they may have only stolen the cam. Why not just constantly check the PC connection?

Humour is so lost sometimes on the Americans

Comment

Ours seems to be lost as well.
            They may have also only stolen the battery.

Comment

well the cam is to go in the house window....

Comment

Oh, that makes more sense.
                So what if somebody steals the cam?

IP and wifi cams are a bit more, but they work without the PC on and just need a router to connect to from anywhere. Some have remote pan/tilt/zoom too.

Comment

If you're putting the webcam inside the house, WTF do you need sound for?
                  Ampie Case
                  256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                  M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
                    Oh, that makes more sense.
                    So what if somebody steals the cam?

IP and wifi cams are a bit more, but they work without the PC on and just need a router to connect to from anywhere. Some have remote pan/tilt/zoom too.
                    then i need to phone the landlord and get the window fixed too.

my home has an always on pc, so fitting a webcam to it is the cheapest and most ideal way, but i want audio too, and my pc has no audio in, so needs audio from the cam via usb.

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                      If you're putting the webcam inside the house, WTF do you need sound for?
                      because i can hear them....

plan is to use 4 webcams, one inside window, one outside my front door, one at rear door, one on rear garden.

software will choose cam depending on movement detection.

Comment

Originally posted by lez View Post
                        because i can hear them....

plan is to use 4 webcams, one inside window, one outside my front door, one at rear door, one on rear garden.

software will choose cam depending on movement detection.
                        Well you better look into ZoneMinder, it'll do all that for you.

And like I said, any $10 Logitech or Microsoft webcam will have a built in microphone. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw a webcam without a microphone. Do they even exist?
                        Ampie Case
                        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

yes they do, but usually less than $10, problem is most that are 10-20$ are usb+3.5 audio jack, I _dont_ have an audio jack.

Which was the whole point of this thread, I want model / part number for a usb only webcam with sound, IE no 3.5mm audio jack, cam+sound, but with just one usb cable.

Comment

Originally posted by lez View Post
                            yes they do, but usually less than $10, problem is most that are 10-20$ are usb+3.5 audio jack, I _dont_ have an audio jack.

Which was the whole point of this thread, I want model / part number for a usb only webcam with sound, IE no 3.5mm audio jack, cam+sound, but with just one usb cable.
                            I just noticed you're in the UK, I have never in my life seen a webcam with a separate 3.5 millimeter jack for sound. Maybe they're common in Europe, who knows, but they're definitely not in North America. Any of the Logitech Quikcams or Microsoft Messenger/Live Cams all have a single USB cable with built in microphones. I also have a Thumb webcam my ex got in China for like $1 that has it.

Here's an example of one for sale in Canada - http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...9107&CatId=130
                            Ampie Case
                            256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                            M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

with a fan...

generic HK model on ebay fro $5 to $20, usually quoted as 1.3mp upto 10mp, but never are 10mp....

yet another.

All the above are unsuitable because of the round plug.

very very common to have a 3.5 for the audio, europe is not the issue, after all, nothing is made in europe, same as US, turn the world over because underneath it says made in china......

Comment

Working...
                              X