Available board faq ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available board faq ??

Could somebody who knows more that I post a list of the available mainboards out there with their features.

I need rca tv out, ethernet, serial, usb (usb2 would be nice) If no usb2 then firewire for a external dvd drive. Also It needs to be fast enough for divx.

I need a new motherboard to replace my sv24/celeron 800. The ram/cpu may also be dead so im not looking to reuse them.

I was thinking about an epia M9000 but I am concerned about divx playback. I searched but cannot find a definite "yes it works". Divx was a little choppy on my sv24 with 1gig pc133 and celeron 800, and the M9000 is suposibly slower. The HD was a beat up old 5400rpm WD drive so maybe that was it.

mike
    91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

What form factor does it need to be? MATX? FATX? Mini ITX?
    -Nick

Comment

Compleatly open. Everything carputer related i own is toasted so Im starting from scratch. I would even be interested in complete mini computers. I have a decent amount of space on the left side of my trunk thats wasted 15"h x 12"d x 10"w, though the discusion should probably be limited to smaller boards for other members.

mike
      91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

Working...
      X