M2s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2s?

So the M2 is out? What is it exactly, I go on vacation for a cupole of weeks and look what I miss. Is the M2 the new mobo? what is the CL? Where can I get spec and how much are they? How much better are they than the M1's?

www.mini-itx.com
    -Nick

Comment

This helps none at all. mini-itx.com only has pictures of the board (and fails to answer any of my questions). Is this board out yet? If not does anyone know when it is coming out?

Comment

In the first of our CeBIT show pictorials, we bring you exclusive images of VIA's pre-production EPIA M2 and EPIA CL, taken just before their launch.
        They aren't out yet, via doesnt even have them on their page, so no one knows. What mini-itx is all that I've seen about the m2 and the cl.

Notable are the Compact Flash and PC Card reader built onto the EPIA M2 motherboard, and the very welcome dual NICs of the EPIA CL.
        -Nick

Comment

Oh ok thanks then. Man I wish I new when those things were coming out. I want one, but I also want to get started on my carputer (patience is not one of my virtues ).

Comment

I've been looking for any info regarding the M2's release date ever since I saw the pictures from CeBIT on mini-itx.com
            So far the only store to even predict the availability was 499.com, and they said that "The M2 and CL are at least a couple of months away"

Has anyone heard anything different?

Comment

Here's a very interesting interview with VIA: http://accelenation.com/?ac.id.196.1
              They say, M2 will be introduced in late Q3
              Who can wait that long?

Comment

late q3?!?!?!

noooooo

damnit
                2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

VIA Epia M2 launch (Epia MII)

VIA Epia M2 has been launched on Nov. 21 link
                  If anybody knows of a place where it can be ordered - please, post here!

Comment

I read through the literature, and maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem that different from the M1.

Comment

On-board CardBus and CF slots - that's what I like the most.
                      Of course, one could have both connected through USB and/or IDE adapters, but I couldn't settle for that.

Comment

Hmm, i have seen them at a local distributors site here in denmark, don't know if they can be ordered yet though :
                        http://www.eet.dk/webshop/xml/page.a...o=SIMPLESEARCH

Just put in mini-itx in the top input box, and you will see the boards and some cases.

Jan
                        Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

I have seen a couple of sites with the MII for sale but from what i could understand, it's not Nehemiah based Rather, it is based on the Ezra-T. How good is the Ezra-T compared to the Nehemiah? I know it's a little slower but what about in terms of DVD playback and all that other good stuff? The cardbus and CF reader could come in very handy...

Comment

Working...
                          X